DVR receivers questions and help!

XPC

Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I have 2 DVR receivers both are dual tuners. One is a VIP 722 that is hooked up to my HD TV.

The other is a 625 that is hooked up to a standard TV. I am a new customer and it has only been a few days since it was installed. When i had signed up i asked for 1 DVR HD dual tuner and for 1 standard receiver but the install guy brought 2 DVRs out and i said something to him about it but he said that it would take a while to get the reciver that i wanted so i let him hook up the 2 DVRs.

So i called Dish and told them i wanted a standard receiver to replace the 625 they wanted $160 to send me a differant box! then they said since i was new it would be $99! whats up with this?

Now i don't mind paying for it "IF" it gets credited to my account later on. I did sign a contract for 18 months. Can anyone help? I can never really understand the girl at dish when i called.

Calling the installer is useless.

hjow long have u been installed.. i would just call them and explain to it to them, but since u let him hook the other dvr up and signed for the work there may not be much that can really be done! .. i would my self call them adn act like i am going to cancel to see what they will do

Upgrade program is called, "DISH'n It Up".

1tv.gif
Select a Standard Definition, DVR, or High Definition receiver for one room of service $99.00
2tv.gif
Select a Standard Definition, DVR, or High Definition receiver for two rooms of service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV) $119.00
hddvr.gif
Select an HD-DVR for two rooms of service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV) $149.00

Certain customer eligibility requirements apply for the DISH'n It Up Bonus credit. To redeem the Bonus credit you must mail a completed redemption form within 60 calendar days of the date you ordered your upgraded receiver(s) along with a copy of your billing statement indicating qualifying programming.

Limit of 2 receivers or 3 tuners per transaction, unless upgrading to 2 HD DVRs. Limit 4 leased tuners per account. Maximum of one DISH'n It Up upgrade transaction per 12 month period. Monthly equipment rental fee of $6.00 for HD receivers; $5.00 monthly equipment rental fee for all other models will apply for each receiver activated beyond the first. Monthly DVR Service Fee of $5.98 applies for all DVR receivers. 2-TV receivers must be continuously connected to land-based phone line to waive the $5.00 monthly additional outlet programming access fee. If a new dish is necessary when upgrading to HD programming, standard professional installation may be required. Monthly subscription to DishHD programming is required for HD receivers or a monthly $6.00 HD Enabling fee applies. Please call, 1-888-884-2741, for details.

If you get rid of the DVR you may regret it later. Sure you'll save $5.99/mo swapping it out but once you get used to DVR on one TV you won't want to touch the other one without it.

How many people in the house? If 2 or less, you can feed the 722 to all the tvs, send back the 625 and replace it with nothing, and that way you'd save $11/mo.

If you get rid of the DVR you may regret it later. Sure you'll save $5.99/mo swapping it out but once you get used to DVR on one TV you won't want to touch the other one without it.

How many people in the house? If 2 or less, you can feed the 722 to all the tvs, send back the 625 and replace it with nothing, and that way you'd save $11/mo.

I don't need 2 DVRs, i hardly ever watch TV i mostly got it for the wife so i really only need 1. Im confused as to why you have to pay to get a differant receiver? They will get the one i have back right? If i pay for one am i buying it or still leasing it? Will i ever see the money back if i buy it?

How much will i save a month if i get rid of the 625 and get a standard dual box? Right now my bill says.

Dish network DVR servicefee $11.96

Additional receiver $5.00

so wouldn't it take off 11.96 a month if i got rid of one DVR?

i alos have programming fee $5.00 twice isnt that what they charge if you dont have your boxs hooked up to a phone line? Both of mine are and dial out fine when they are tested?

I don't need 2 DVRs, i hardly ever watch TV i mostly got it for the wife so i really only need 1. Im confused as to why you have to pay to get a differant receiver? They will get the one i have back right? If i pay for one am i buying it or still leasing it? Will i ever see the money back if i buy it?

How much will i save a month if i get rid of the 625 and get a standard dual box? Right now my bill says.

so wouldn't it take off 11.96 a month if i got rid of one DVR?

i also have programming fee $5.00 twice isn't that what they charge if you dont have your boxs hooked up to a phone line? Both of mine are and dial out fine when they are tested?
Since this is your first bill, (and I don't know when you started service), it looks like you are paying two months, one in arrears and one in advance (normal). DVR service fee is $5.98 per receiver. So your next bill you should just have two service fees and one additional receiver fee. IF you went with a DVR advantage plan, one of the DVR fees would be dropped AND it would include your local channels, so you save about 4 bucks a month. If it were me, I'd keep the 625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts