DVR 'record' llight changed colors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hookem99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
So, tonight im watching tv and a show starts to record. I notice that the record light on the front of my HR20 has changed. It use to be an amber/yellow, now it's orange/red. I thought maybe my drive was getting full, but its at 35% available. I really dont care, I just want to be sure the next time I turn it on, its not going to self destruct!:confused:

That changed with the lastest software version that got rolled out to the DVR's. I think they changed it to red since just about every other piece of hardware that can record has a red light to indicate that it's recording.

That changed with the lastest software version that got rolled out to the DVR's. I think they changed it to red since just about every other piece of hardware that can record has a red light to indicate that it's recording.

Whew, I thought I was going to get a message that said 'this DVR will self destruct in 5 seconds' ;)

It will probably change back when the next software comes along, it doesn't matter as long as it still works and the color doesn't seem to affect it.
When it is RED it normally means that the unit is calling in to update the info, usually happens overnight once a month or so ...

Jimbo

I was actually wondering if the lights behind the panel are "hard wired" to be a particular color or if D* can control the color as they have with the record light. With the last few CE's, I have noticed the "record" light changing back to amber, then red, then amber, and now red again. Are there two light's behind that button shield, or is that controlled by the software/firmware? Could they for instance change the blue circle lights to pink with just a simple line of code? They could go with a whole disco theme!! :up

You may not have gotten the latest national download yet...or your CE version might be a version or two off from those of us who have the red light.

Thats interesting too because thats the same model I have and don't have a red light unless it calling D*.

Jimbo

Well, not sure whats up, but just as I was reading your last post, it changed back to orange. Weird! It has been red since Saturday. I did not notice it until last night, but my wife said it was red on Saturday.

edit:Never mind, its red again.

Last edited:
I got worried until I found this thread. Just reinstalled mine and it started recording and I was like WTF!

Mines not yellow, not red either, more like orange. Like it better than that ugly yellow though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts