DVR Recording Scheduling Problems

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Is it me or are there others out there with problems with their 622 not recording per the schedule I’ve set?

I've got a few weekly shows set to record only 'new' episodes yet there have been some cases when I've looked at the guide and seen the recording indicator with the line through it (don't record). I've also had a few times when the second show from a back to back schedule not trigger and record the second show (this week Crossing Jordan recorded but Medium didn't and both were new episodes). I looked at my guide for Sunday and I see that the final episode of this seasons Survivor has a record icon with the line through it.

Is it me or is there a problem with the scheduler in the 622?

The 622 will tell you why it skipped a timer. When you pull up the Event Schedule (press the "DVR" button 3 times) highlight 1 of the skipped events and see what it tells you. It will usually say something like "event skipped by user" or "not a new episode" or "event skipped by priority". Of course there is always the possibility that your 622 has a problem.

But why is this Sunday's final Surviver show, which is new, showing up in the guide with a red record icon with an 'x' through it? It hasn't recorded yet?

But why is this Sunday's final Surviver show, which is new, showing up in the guide with a red record icon with an 'x' through it? It hasn't recorded yet?

Do you have other shows scheduled to record at the same time causing a conflict? The mentioned above, check your event schedule. It will tell you why a future event will not be recorded.

I figured out the Sunday problem, originally Survivor was on Thursday nights and I would schedule it to record off the OTA tuner. This Sunday it is on at the same time my wife’s records Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters which is also set to use the OTA tuner. Moved it to the Dish HD local and it is fine.

This still doesn’t explain why it didn't fire with Crossing Jordan & Medium. I looked at the log and it said priority but I checked my settings and they are shows that are back to back and on the same channel.

Looks like you need to be very careful when programming recording schedules. If you don't pay attention, like I didn't, you can easily schedule two things to record at the same time on using the OTA tuner.

I setup a favorite list that shows only my local OTA and Dish supplied HD channels so I can see which tuners shows are scheduled to record from. Hopefully that will resolve my recording problems.

Now if Dish would start broadcasting the local Fox regional channel (Fox Sports Arizona) in HD so I can watch all Diamondbacks games in HD, I'd be a happy camper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts