So you think Satellite installers have it easy?

rcdallas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
West Texas (midland)
I wasn't personally at this location, but I was at one quite similar last week.

They say pictures can say a thousand words...

Better TV for ALL :up

Attachments

• Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 014.jpg
    Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 014.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 534
  • Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 010.jpg
    Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 010.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 580
  • Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 009.jpg
    Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 009.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 533
  • Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 006.jpg
    Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 006.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 531
  • Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 002.jpg
    Install deemed unsanitary and unsafe 5-0707 002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 534
that is pretty bad.....have been in worse though. my personal favorites are the ones with animal feces all over the house. :eek:

Been there done that, there was the cat lady on the north side of Jackson with the hardwood floors that at first glance looked like they had just been revarnished but when you stepped on them your realized that it was a sticky glaze of cat urine, I had to wear a respirator in this house.

There was the dog breader on the north side of Dextor in the A frame house that was surrounded by kennels of breading pairs, he opens the sunroom door to let me in ( dead of winter ) and I get hit in the face by a brickwall of amonia and urine smell so bad my eyes watered instantly and my nose hair fell out. Walking inside I took a deep breath before entering, through the sunroom and into the living room there was a two foot tall white picket fence walk way through each room, a long dead christmas tree covered in ornaments and years of dust but no needles was on one side. In the living room there was stacks of boxes and books and old newspapers and clothes, all the windows were covered in thick black drapes with no light coming in at all save for a sliver here and there. The only light in the room came from the tv being watched by a painfully white girl who at another time and a better life would have been stunningly hot now looked like a bad day at the local crack house. I left the house after looking down the basement stairs to where the customer kept and old cband hooked up to a wireless transmitter system and called corp to cancell the work order and try to regain my breath after asthma kicked in hard.

The house in inkster with the 18 yr old kid and his friend with her 2 yr old, carpet has never seen a vacuming, kitchen is gated off and theres dog crap and urine all over the floor, a sinke and counter full of dishes and mold in various states of growth with a cloud of nats and flies. The yard is no better as Im looking to find a spot to put the dish on the house but find that the roof is to steep to walk and at the time we had to schedule for polemounts. Kid breaks down and starts crying because he spent his dollar to get dish because he was mad at direct for dropping the wwf payper views and didnt want to miss wrestle mania.

The crack house with two 50 inch big screens yet I could see through the second floor to the first.

The slum house on the east side off of Jefferson where the basement was flooded with 5 foot of raw sewage from the broken sewer line in the back yard wich had caved in a third of the back yard.

The two story house near detroit city airport that had 50 gallon trash cans in every room and on the landing between floors and the carpet was so foul that it clung to your boots like gel.

The double wide in white lake where the couple had a few grand in video gear in the bedroom for recording and they made Roseanne and Tom look like super models wich really left a bad image in my head.

Best houses were in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, not a single horror story there at all.

I have a new appreciation for DISH installers now, if these stories are true. These are so bad, that it is hard to believe some of them, coming from the perspective of a non-installer. I guess it makes sense that folks on the other side of the tracks watch TV too. I will take your word for it that what you say is true.

However, I still reserve judgement on the pics. The pics look like someone found a shithole of a house and threw a receiver on the TV for a gag shot.

Yikes. A whole bunch of building code violations there, not to mention the extreme fire hazard. Wow.

Van you definately went into some nice detail with your description of fun ones, I'm still waiting for the day I run into the sewage filled house, the cat people are something else.

Yes the pictures are legitimate, they are the after being cleaned pictures. Management verifies them with the address otherwise one could do this to whatever. It blew my mind seeing a reciever already there, looked like a high def one, that or a TiVo box.

Welcome to Southwest Detroit.

Last edited:
I have a new appreciation for DISH installers now, if these stories are true. These are so bad, that it is hard to believe some of them, coming from the perspective of a non-installer. I guess it makes sense that folks on the other side of the tracks watch TV too. I will take your word for it that what you say is true.

However, I still reserve judgement on the pics. The pics look like someone found a shithole of a house and threw a receiver on the TV for a gag shot.

O, I completely believe they are true... i've been installing for about 5years now, and i have had more than my share of these type of jobs.... I can get over the trash and clutter everywhere... its the smell and sight of animal urine and droppings everywhere that gets me. I just don't see how people can live like that.

Oh I believe these pictures are real. In my 9 years I have been to much worse including travel campers that people were living in several times. Here are a sample of a few things I have come across, and yes I mounted the dish to the top of a tree at the one camper. Check out the tri-view TV! It has to be the first TV ever with PIP!

Attachments

• Picture017a.jpg
    Picture017a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Picture016a.jpg
    Picture016a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 322
  • Picture012a.jpg
    Picture012a.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 307
  • Picture006ab.jpg
    Picture006ab.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Picture005dirt.jpg
    Picture005dirt.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Picture004dirt.jpg
    Picture004dirt.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Picture003dirt.jpg
    Picture003dirt.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Picture001triview.jpg
    Picture001triview.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Picture001dirt.jpg
    Picture001dirt.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Picture013.jpg
    Picture013.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 297
Oh yes I have ran into the same conditions. The cat piss filled ones I would say are the worse.

Oh I believe these pictures are real. In my 9 years I have been to much worse including travel campers that people were living in several times. Here are a sample of a few things I have come across, and yes I mounted the dish to the top of a tree at the one camper. Check out the tri-view TV! It has to be the first TV ever with PIP!

Just make sure you wipe your feet before going inside, you sure as heck don't want to drag any mud from the outside in. :p

And then you get the apology "Excuse the mess were in the process of remodeling" or similar lame excuse. But some just act like its normal. Truly unbelievable.

I couldn't do those installs if I was in that line of work. It's one thing to see adults living that way, but the first time I walked into a house like these examples that has kids living in it I'd go nuts!

How about the old man - like over 85 or so, and his house hasn't been cleaned or touched in say 20 years or so.... There are many places like that in the Nevada desert where I started installing.....to say he has "antiques" is an understatement!!!!!

Can you say cobwebs and dust...... ??? where you have to get some type of "scraper" to wipe off the TV top from sludge, dust and crud to put the receiver on (all of the shelves are worse)

.....and you are going to teach him to run the satellite system????

I wish I had pictures to show, but I couldn't wait to get the @#$% out of there!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)