DVR Recordings - Resume & Time Left

cruiser83

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
So, lately (2 to 3 weeks or so) we are having sporadic issues with our DVR recordings. Some of them will not resume playing where left off, it will start back at the beginning of the show. I have also noticed on other recordings it will give an erroneous time left, It may say there is 10 minutes left to watch when in reality there is half hour or more. Our box is a 522 (yes, I know, old tech by today's standards) Just wondering if this is the result of some bad software update or something unique to our box? Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

I have only seen this if the recording was still in progress. Once it's finished, then you get the resume and time left. If what you state is happening with done recordings, post back to see if it's something else.

I did not reset via unplugging the unit, I did the the push and hold power button method, is there a difference?

It is happening on completed recordings having not been watched while in progress. It seems to be totally random, we will have several recordings that turn out fine and then for some reason we get one that will not resume, which is very annoying. I can live with the "time left" sometimes being flaky, but not resuming a show is a PIA.

I did not reset via unplugging the unit, I did the the push and hold power button method, is there a difference?

It is happening on completed recordings having not been watched while in progress. It seems to be totally random, we will have several recordings that turn out fine and then for some reason we get one that will not resume, which is very annoying. I can live with the "time left" sometimes being flaky, but not resuming a show is a PIA.

If you navigate to the recording and press "Play" does it resume?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)