DVR Recordings Slow or Won't Load

GRExpert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
I am having trouble getting DVR recordings to load on both Hopper3 and Joey4k. It was initially a problem just on my Joey4k. I had Dish out, they replaced the Joey4k. Then the Hopper3 started doing the same thing. So the tech replaced the Hopper3 as well. The issue has gotten worse since I got the new equipment. Also, since the change the Joey4k will randomly just shut it self off (to where I have to push select to turn back on). Not sure what is going on, but not being able to access recordings is an issue. Chat tech support keeps asking to reset. I have done that several times to no avail. Anyone else run into this?

I am having trouble getting DVR recordings to load on both Hopper3 and Joey4k. It was initially a problem just on my Joey4k. I had Dish out, they replaced the Joey4k. Then the Hopper3 started doing the same thing. So the tech replaced the Hopper3 as well. The issue has gotten worse since I got the new equipment. Also, since the change the Joey4k will randomly just shut it self off (to where I have to push select to turn back on). Not sure what is going on, but not being able to access recordings is an issue. Chat tech support keeps asking to reset. I have done that several times to no avail. Anyone else run into this?

I don't know why your recordings won't load but you can change the Inactivity Timeout in the Menu/Settings/Power section.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is connected via WiFi
But dedicated provider, or a HotSpot/MiFI? The reason I ask is I've seen this issue and 2 things have caused it. Either a HotSpot connection,, which affects the Joeys themselves, also or a Hopper showing a broken Internet connection to a previous or ghost router. In both cases, removing the HotSpot and removing the ghost connection fixed the DVR playback issue

Reactions: charlesrshell
I will try this tonight when I get home.
I chated via twitter with DIRT last night, they stated it is a known issue that they are working on and he suspects when I get the 528 update it might fix itself. Hopefully!

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)