DVR recordings to iPhone/iPod

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Anyone have info to point me to that shows the possible methods to get content from the DVR to the iPhone. I suspect I'd have to play something realtime and have something to record it to.

What solutions are found and what is the complexity and cost?

Thanks.

Not bad if you already have a DVD-R. I just record from DVR to DVD; rip the DVD on the PC & move to iTunes Library. There are a number of programs to rip DVD to iPod format for PC and Mac.

It would be great to see Dish release an iPhone/Touch app where you could plug the device into the receiver and directly transfer shows over to the phone/ipod. I'm fairly sure they could encrypt the shows and properly protect them so they'd be worthless to anybody but yourself.

That would be the best solution (iphone app)....

I don't have a DVD recorder, but I have an Archos that I copy my stuff to. My iMac doesn't have a video in so I can't even play the item from the Archos and record onto the iMac.

So, iphone app I thought about and would be a great solution.

There are video capture devices (composite and S-video input) with USB interfaces that you can connect to your iMac for capture. Then just re-encode to H.264 in an MP4 container and you can sync with iTunes to download to your phone. You should be able to do this for less than a hundred bucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)