DVR Replacement

blabber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My 622 hard drive has croaked. Dish will send me a new one for the $15 shipping fee. The fee is no big deal, but is it possible to get a replacement at a local Dish dealer? I don't see anything on their web site about this.

Thanks! :usa2:

Not many dealers will do this anymore especially if you are not someone they signed up to begin with. It is negative $ for a dealer to do this regardless, better off using dish for a replacement.

Sounds to me like this is a great opportunity to try for a ViP722K.

My last upgrade was from a 522, and so the tech had to come out and install a Super Dish and replace the receiver. So I don't really know the procedure for a do-it-myself job. Willing to try, just don't know where to start. Dish customer service wants to ship the box, but I want to see if I can get it locally.

My last upgrade was from a 522, and so the tech had to come out and install a Super Dish and replace the receiver. So I don't really know the procedure for a do-it-myself job. Willing to try, just don't know where to start. Dish customer service wants to ship the box, but I want to see if I can get it locally.

When you upgraded for 522 SD receiver to 622 HD receiver, you need a tech to do the install. The satellite dish needed to be upgraded to get the HD satellite orbital. For the replacement of the 622 or even if you choose to upgrade to a 722 receiver, DISH Network will ship the receiver to you. It does come with a detail instructional sheet. I tell clients to put the new receiver on top of the old one and disconnect one cable at a time and plug it into the replacement unit. You will need to access some menu screens to complete the installation but it is a very simple process. If you are requesting a technician installation of the replacement, please PM me and I will see what this will involve for you. Thank you!

When you upgraded for 522 SD receiver to 622 HD receiver, you need a tech to do the install. The satellite dish needed to be upgraded to get the HD satellite orbital. For the replacement of the 622 or even if you choose to upgrade to a 722 receiver, DISH Network will ship the receiver to you. It does come with a detail instructional sheet. I tell clients to put the new receiver on top of the old one and disconnect one cable at a time and plug it into the replacement unit. You will need to access some menu screens to complete the installation but it is a very simple process. If you are requesting a technician installation of the replacement, please PM me and I will see what this will involve for you. Thank you!

Right, well if it's a simple box swap-out, I can handle it myself. My question was as to if there was a local dealer where I could pick up the new box and drop off the old one. It sounds like this won't be the case. So unless I learn how and where I can get the new box locally, I'll contact Dish and arrange shipment.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Right, well if it's a simple box swap-out, I can handle it myself. My question was as to if there was a local dealer where I could pick up the new box and drop off the old one. It sounds like this won't be the case. So unless I learn how and where I can get the new box locally, I'll contact Dish and arrange shipment.

Thanks for everyone's help.
At some point in the future Block Buster may be used as a service center but currently DISH does not have regional service centers where you can swap product.

Why should there be a fee for shipping the replacement? Unless the custy doesn't have the protection plan? I just got a new 922 sent to me and there wasn't a fee to me or back to dish. But I do carry the pp.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you ask nicely .....firmly request ....bith piss moan and scream, they may waive the shipping charge

Makes sense, but the guy that came out must work for someone local. This was over two years ago, can't remember. :confused:

When you call in, say you're going to purchase a sling adapter, and the 622 isn't compatible. Can they send you a receiver that is compatible for the sling adapter? (722/722k) Then just don't buy the sling adapter..

I guarantee you that dish will ship it for free if you sweet talk them. Just ask them for an exception this one last time and that you'll pay for the next one. They tried the same thing on me once, and I begged them not to charge me, and they waved the shipping cost.

I guarantee you that dish will ship it for free if you sweet talk them. Just ask them for an exception this one last time and that you'll pay for the next one. They tried the same thing on me once, and I begged them not to charge me, and they waved the shipping cost.

I don't know how sweet I was over the chat session, but they did not ask me for my credit card # for shipping. Maybe they will add it to my monthly bill?

Then I added the extra sports package for $7/month.

If you ask nicely .....firmly request ....bith piss moan and scream, they may waive the shipping charge

Haha, I was nice, so now let's see if they ding me the $15 on my bill.

BTW, my service is bundled with my phone company (AT&T), so the first rep didn't have complete access to my account and sent my chat session to a different person. Don't know if that made any difference.

I must say, I'm impressed with the quick turn-around. I talked to a CSR via text chat on Monday, arranged for a replacement 722k, and it arrived today, two days later. Did the stack thing with moving the cables, and the new unit was set up in less than an hour.

Now I just have to drop the old unit off at the nearest FedEx shipment place.

:)