DVR Scheduler has my Access Card ID's backwards! How can I fix?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robx46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
I have 2 HR23 HD DVR's, new install. When I went into DVR Scheduler on my PC, I set for a show to record in the bedroom DVR, but it didn't show up there, yet it did show up on the living room DVR. Works the other way around too where if I schedule something for living room, it ends up in the bedroom.

Sure enough, I checked the access #'s on each DVR, and they don't match the #'s I'm shown on the DVR Scheduler site, they are reversed.

While I could just try to remember the #'s are just reversed, my family will not remember.

What can I do to fix this? Cuz either the access cards are reversed, or the data on the DVR Scheduler site is somehow wrong. I'm guessing the cards just need switched.

However, I'm not sure if just pulling the cards out and switching them will work, or if I can even pull them out without something getting screwed up. I think I was told those cards need to stay in there at all times.

Is this true? Or is there a way I safely take them out switch them, safely? And will that fix the problem?

Don't switch the cards. Neither DVR will work if you do it. You can go into your account settings and give each of the DVR's a name that you will know. This way the living room shows "living room" and bedroom for the one in the bedroom.

Thanks, was able to find the online settings, had to scroll down pretty far on the account page though, but it seems everything works like it should now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts