DVR season pass?

mmaniscalco

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
A few years ago I had Comcast DVR when it first came out. Basically it was a glorified VCR, and had no season pass capabilities. You basically set it to record a show at a certain time and if the show was rescheduled or not playing that week it recorded anyways.

My question is does Verizon's DVR have a season pass type feature like Tivo? Currently I have a MythTV box, but I think I would much rather just use the verizon's one if it isn't still in it infancy.

Thanks,
Marc

It does series recording, not "season pass" (tm of TiVo, I think). Here are my comments from another thread:

Series recording on this DVR is so much better. For example, say I want to record Quantum Leap on UHD. QL shows one episode a day, 3 times a day.

With my Comcast DVR, after 1 week it would have recorded 21 episodes. 3 copies of 7 episodes.

With the Verizon DVR, after 1 week it would have recorded 7 episodes. 1 copy of each of the 7 episodes. PLUS, to access them, just go to the Recordings menu, then select "Quantum Leap (7)". They actually group all of the episodes togeter! Very nice.

-John

Ya, I figured it was trademarked, but I wanted to make sure I got my question across.

Thank you for the quick response.

Is the series recording locked to a specific channel, or can it record it on any channel at anytime?

Thanks again,
Marc

mmaniscalco said:
Is the series recording locked to a specific channel, or can it record it on any channel at anytime?
I think its locked to a specific channel.

Also, if the show doesn't have episode information (like Wheel of Fortune) it will record all episodes.

-John

Umm, actually I think it hunts for all occurences on any channel and records them but without repeats.

If you do a search for say, Seinfeld, it will hunt on all channels which you can set up multiple recordings (per channel), but if you use your record button for a "season pass" it will only record on the selected channel.
Luckily there are various options once you set up the series in the series manager.