dvr set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brooklynob1

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
brooklyn
for some reason my dvr only records when im watching tv if the box is off or my tv isnt on it doesnt record or it will show recording on the tv when i hit the dvr button but it wont say record on the box. is there a setting set up wrong? or something on my tv that i have to set up because the purpose of the dvr is to tape shows i cant watch

what?

So let me get this straight. Your dvr only records when your watching tv if the box is off??????

I have no idea what your talking about.

How can you watch tv if your box is off.

no if the box is off it wont record thats what im tryin to say. if i have the box on and im watching tv it will record. now my question is, isnt the purpose of a dvr is to record when your not watching tv. im tryin to figure out if its a setting with my box or tv i need to set up for it to work without the box on. even sometimes with the box on but the tv powered off it will not record so im thinking somehow its connected to the tv. is that a little more clearer?

You can record when the box is on but not when the box is off...a guy @ work had the same problems & it was b/c he was trying to record the SDV /international & ppv channels that might be the problems here..but if its on all channels ..then you have a bigger problem ..I would just switch out that DVR for a new one & then if it still happens then its time for a visit from the tech /repair guys...:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)