ala carte

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
why dont either sat company offer ala carte packages, there are sooo many channels i never watch, and really dont want.

i would prefer to be able to build my package

think it could ever happen?

why dont either sat company offer ala carte packages, there are sooo many channels i never watch, and really dont want.

i would prefer to be able to build my package

think it could ever happen?

Look through the archives here and you will find that this is a recurring topic, and one that borders on religious ferver. Lots of strong opinions.

Many feel that aLa Carte is the way to go and will force a purge of marginal channels that are required by the providers. Others feel that we would end up paying the same for less channels.

Many agree it is all about sports, and that the major sport leagues set the rules.

However, th4e bottom line is that the program providers tend to set the rules, and they have the attitude "Youse can have the pool table, but youse gottas take the jukebox too" toward bundling. In fact there big negotiating point seems to be to force unpopular channnels into the lowest tier packages in order to get the popular ones. Unless something happens to change this negotiation, ala Carte will never happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)