DVR sleep notice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
DVR sleep seems to work fine and I'm glad to have it but I'd prefer not to have to hit ok to acknowledge it each time I turn on the DVR after sleep.

HR24/H25

yes +1
I can understand the first time but it should not show everytime it goes to sleep it reminds me of the other sat service receivers you have to hit select every morning and evening it gets old quick.

You can turn that option OFF in the System Settings, under Power Saving ...

I like saving power and don't even mind a message telling me it woke from sleep when I turn it on but why do I have to hit ok to clear the message?

I hooked up my killawatt the h25 was 11 watts on and 9 watts standby not worth the hassle to hit ok everytime I used it. So I just diabled it. But I would use it if they would disable the nag screen.

skew said:
I hooked up my killawatt the h25 was 11 watts on and 9 watts standby not worth the hassle to hit ok everytime I used it. So I just diabled it. But I would use it if they would disable the nag screen.

So, its only saving 2 watts ?
Yippie, I was figuring it went down to bare minimum.
I disabled mine when it showed up.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

skew, what other Directv boxes do you have and can you check the usage on them for us?

I also have a hr34 I will check it out tonight and post results.

just checked the hr34.
26 watts standby
28 watts on
30 watts recording 5 channels + watching a recorded program

power insterter 9 watts

so I am running (3) h25,hr34 & power inserter for about the same as 1 of my dish receivers I had!

I think it's safe to assume an HR24 or HR20 doesn't benefit much from the use of the power saver. Thanks for checking.

That's right Jimbo, I forgot about that. The HR20s were the highest wattage usage in the HR series.

2 hours is too short!

It keeps poping up while I am watching TV and then I got to scramble and find the remote before it turns off. It should be maybe 4 hours not 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)