Is the problem the broadcast or the DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rtdreep

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
OK, I've seen a problem happen repeatedly when watching recorded NASCAR races in HD, but I have no idea whether it's the DVR or the broadcasts. It's really annoying.

Here's the problem, as it occurred on the recording of the NASCAR All-star race run last Saturday evening: On one camera view, as cars are exiting turn 3 and heading into turn 4, the image freezes, while the audio continues. The freeze lasts from 1 to 3 seconds, then the image cuts to whatever is current.

This problem occurs when playing back most if not all recorded races. But, is this a broadcast problem or a problem with the software in the HR21-200?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Likely the wireless remote camera losing signal or being interfered with at certain points. I see it frequently in most motor sports. Seeing how you noticed it each time on specific cam(s) in a specific track point; then likely you pinpointed it being a production location based issue.

It is a SPEED TV issue. They are aware of it and it has greatly improved over the last couple of months.

They've only been live HD since Daytona and ran into some unexpected issues.

It only affects the SPEED broadcasts, Not the Fox broadcasts.

I'm not real clear on the specifics perhaps someone more technically savvy can expound on the issue.

It is a SPEED TV issue. They are aware of it and it has greatly improved over the last couple of months.

They've only been live HD since Daytona and ran into some unexpected issues.

It only affects the SPEED broadcasts, Not the Fox broadcasts.

I'm not real clear on the specifics perhaps someone more technically savvy can expound on the issue.

after watching Nascar races all year you say this is a Speed problem, an dit may be, but,I would say it's to soon to say, seeing that this was the first race ON SPEED since the Speedweeks Twin 150's.

Jimbo

Along the same vein, Monday's episode of "House" on Fox recorded without sound. This sort of thing makes you wonder "What the...?"
An earlier episode of "Two and a Half Men" (different time, different channel) came in as a talkie, so head scratching is appropriate here.

I want my TiVo back!

after watching Nascar races all year you say this is a Speed problem, an dit may be, but,I would say it's to soon to say, seeing that this was the first race ON SPEED since the Speedweeks Twin 150's.

Jimbo

Actually Jimbo,

The truck races are on Speed in HD. Along with Cup & Nationwide qualifying in HD.

The stuttering of the video has been evident in all of the SPEED broadcasts from the track.

It only seems to be a problem during live events. Whether I'm watching it live or off the DVR.

Pre-recorded SPEED programming from the tracks Victory Lane, etc seem unaffected.

Along the same vein, Monday's episode of "House" on Fox recorded without sound. This sort of thing makes you wonder "What the...?"
An earlier episode of "Two and a Half Men" (different time, different channel) came in as a talkie, so head scratching is appropriate here.

I want my TiVo back!

Hmm, I watched /DVR both of those and nary an issue.

The "pause" also occurs while watching the Hotpass channels. I have noticed it on Jr.'s channel every race this season.

Actually Jimbo,

The truck races are on Speed in HD. Along with Cup & Nationwide qualifying in HD.

The stuttering of the video has been evident in all of the SPEED broadcasts from the track.

It only seems to be a problem during live events. Whether I'm watching it live or off the DVR.

Pre-recorded SPEED programming from the tracks Victory Lane, etc seem unaffected.

Well.....

I have watched qualifying when I can on Speed, Cup is usually on when I get home from work (LIVE) ...
I have not had any issues with Speed's signal that I can remember.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)