DVR stopped working on my Comcast HDMI box.

BiggaAdams

Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Well all of a sudden, I went to go watch some of my recorded shows and they don't play. I've tried rewinding live TV and again, it just freezes and does nothing. I have the box with the HDMI output, do I need to return it for a new one? Thanks:up

Well all of a sudden, I went to go watch some of my recorded shows and they don't play. I've tried rewinding live TV and again, it just freezes and does nothing. I have the box with the HDMI output, do I need to return it for a new one? Thanks:up
What box do you have, moto 6412 or 3412? If so I'd reboot (power-cycle) your box first.

6412 I believe. I'll try power cycle again. :up
I had similar problems with my 6412 and replaced it 3 times with no significant improvement. It's the nature of the beast right with the current sw: like windows 3.0 when in doubt, reboot. There is a new tivo sw to run on this box and improve stability and responsiveness, comcast just started rolling our in new england.

usally the box not letting you access recorded stuff or stopping/rewinding live stuff is a harddrive issue. Perhaps it died on ya. Replaceing the box would help, keep in mind though all your recorded data is gone.

Help - which HD service to choose

Tivo with Fios?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)