DVR time-change pitfall

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I have my DVR set to record the 2 a.m. SportsCenter every night. It started recording at 1:58 a.m. and stopped two minutes later because the time moved to 3 a.m. Oh well.

I have my DVR set to record the 2 a.m. SportsCenter every night. It started recording at 1:58 a.m. and stopped two minutes later because the time moved to 3 a.m. Oh well.

It happened on my recording of "Hot Fuzz", recorded from 12:50 till 2:00, then stopped. I'll know better next time:D

Thinking something quirky may happen with the time change, here's what I did and it STILL didn't work. According to the guide, there was movie airing at 2:05am and it ended at 4am. Instead of highlighting and selecting the movie from the program guide which is normal procedure, I set a manual timer to fire at 1am and end at 5am -- I figured this would give me 2 hours of "wiggle" room. What happened, though, is that the manual timer ran from 1am to 2am and that was it.

In retrospect, I think what would have worked is select the program in the guide as I normally do, but then select ALL EPISODES. I normally wouldn't select ALL EPISODES for a feature-length movie, but in this case I think it would have worked with the time change. Any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)