DVR time-change pitfall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I have my DVR set to record the 2 a.m. SportsCenter every night. It started recording at 1:58 a.m. and stopped two minutes later because the time moved to 3 a.m. Oh well.

I have my DVR set to record the 2 a.m. SportsCenter every night. It started recording at 1:58 a.m. and stopped two minutes later because the time moved to 3 a.m. Oh well.

It happened on my recording of "Hot Fuzz", recorded from 12:50 till 2:00, then stopped. I'll know better next time:D

Thinking something quirky may happen with the time change, here's what I did and it STILL didn't work. According to the guide, there was movie airing at 2:05am and it ended at 4am. Instead of highlighting and selecting the movie from the program guide which is normal procedure, I set a manual timer to fire at 1am and end at 5am -- I figured this would give me 2 hours of "wiggle" room. What happened, though, is that the manual timer ran from 1am to 2am and that was it.

In retrospect, I think what would have worked is select the program in the guide as I normally do, but then select ALL EPISODES. I normally wouldn't select ALL EPISODES for a feature-length movie, but in this case I think it would have worked with the time change. Any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts