DVR time missing with no programs recorded

Clownzilla

Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I have searched this forum for the answer to my problem but found nothing that helped. I got my 522 a few weeks ago and my time remaining stated 100 Hrs. in my DVR event list. For a few weeks I have recorded several shows and erased several shows. I started to notice my time was not adding up to my show times.
Well I erased EVERYTHING from my event list, and now the time remaining is 97 Hrs. and 24 Min. I called dish and they told me that the updates and program guide take space. Well, when I started using the 522 it stated 100 Hrs., so I hardly believe that this much space was taken up in that time. I did have a program that I recorded and was reported "Done" in the daily schedule, but never showed up in my event list. I could have more programs that did the same thing but I record so much I can't keep track. The time on that program comes close, but not exact to the time missing. My question is could this program still be on the hard drive but I just can't get to it. Also, is there something that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. I WANT MY SPACE BACK!

It's all just estimates. Amazingly, the CSR had the right idea, although you could also be right that there's an orphan file out there.