DVR Timer is Autotuning

llokey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
A couple of days ago (about the time I "upgraded" to a 4K Joey), my dvr events on my Hopper 3 started autotuning. To the best of my knowledge nothing was changed on the Hopper. I have checked the timers and they are set to dvr. I have looked through all options and I guess I am missing something. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this to happen? Thanks

Sounds like the Hopper is tuning to the channel to record but not recording.
1. Do a power cord reboot of the Hopper (pull the plug wait 30 seconds reconnect the power).
2. Delete and reinstall a timer and see if that fixes it.

Sounds like the Hopper is tuning to the channel to record but not recording.
1. Do a power cord reboot of the Hopper (pull the plug wait 30 seconds reconnect the power).
2. Delete and reinstall a timer and see if that fixes it.
Thanks - will try the power cord reboot. The program is recording, just autotuning also. It has occurred on multiple timers.

The receiver has to autotune a channel in order to record it.
Maybe I should have made my statement clearer. It is changing what I am seeing on the tv. If I am in the middle of a program it is "autotuning" and presenting the tv with the program that it is recording. Autotune is Dish's term which means exactly what I am seeing.

It is changing what I am seeing on the tv. If I am in the middle of a program it is "autotuning" and presenting the tv with the program that it is recording.
That is bizarre. This never happens on my H3. Is it possible you are trying to record 16 things at once?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Do all of your timers do this? If so, I would thumb through all the timers and write them down then delete one or two and re-add them and see if that does not fix it for them. If that fails, I'd call Dish for a replacement receiver.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Do all of your timers do this? If so, I would thumb through all the timers and write them down then delete one or two and re-add them and see if that does not fix it for them. If that fails, I'd call Dish for a replacement receiver.
I haven't gone through all timers. In fact, my wife does the live tv viewing - I'm not a fan of commercials. However it happened this weekend while I was watching football on three different timers.