DVR/TV/REMOTE issue?

buffee

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 5, 2007
I have no idea where to put this question or if its even a dish issue. I have a DUAL MODE dish dvr. The unit itself is in the living room, the issue is in the bedroom. I have noticed this happening twice now, tonight it took me at least 5 minutes to turn off the tv.
After I was done watching a dvd, I went to turn off the tv with the dish remote...The screen colors get super bright & the close caption comes on...when I hit off again it goes back to normal but does not turn off...I even tried it with the actual TV remote & it does the same thing. I assume this is not a remote issue since both remotes are doing it....it took me trying to turn off the tv at least 10 times before it actually did go off.....the wierd thing is the bright coloring & close caption when I am attempting to run off. any ideas? thanks:)

Sounds like a problem with the TV , misinterpreting remote commands

thanks I'll try unplugging it. About the remote glitch....the odd thing is...it happened again...when I went to bed I watched tv for about 2 hrs....tried to turn it off via the remote.....same BS.......so I got so mad..I got out of bed to turn off the tv from its power knob.....EVEN THAT DID NOT TURN OFF THE TV........I finally got the remote to work after 3 tries...but isn't that odd that even the tv's own on/off wwitch would not turn it off????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks I'll try unplugging it. About the remote glitch....the odd thing is...it happened again...when I went to bed I watched tv for about 2 hrs....tried to turn it off via the remote.....same BS.......so I got so mad..I got out of bed to turn off the tv from its power knob.....EVEN THAT DID NOT TURN OFF THE TV........I finally got the remote to work after 3 tries...but isn't that odd that even the tv's own on/off wwitch would not turn it off????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If that does not say there's something wrong with the TV, I don't know what would!

I just spoke to one of my nerdier friends and he said....the reason the TV shut off button would not work, is because it was already programmed because I had tried so many times with the remote.....since the tv's & the remote are tied together. he suggested new batteries & unplugging the tv to attempt a reset..also reprogramming the remote itself..before I go out & replace a perfectly good tv.

Sorry, no offense to your nerd friend, but a TV power toggle button is not programmed. It's OLD SCHOOL on/off. I'd suggest unplugging both your TV and Dish reciever.

ok, so I probably didn't explain correctly exactly what he said....I am a computer tech not a tv tech(LOL) but what he said did make sense..because when I got the dvr..with the remote, the remote had to be Paired" so to speak with the tv.....so if I have already pushed the remote button a 100 times trying to turn it off the tv & the signal is getting messed up or thrown off.....it would make sense(at least to me) that the tv on & off swich would not work at that time. Its working fine now, because the remote is working ok.....the ONLY time I cannot turn off the tv manually is when I cannot turn it off at the remote. Its too much of a coincidence...I would have to admit 100% that it IS the TV--if the manual on/off switch did not work....all the time.....but apparantly its only happening when I try to turn off the tv with my dish remote.

ok, so I probably didn't explain correctly exactly what he said....I am a computer tech not a tv tech(LOL) but what he said did make sense..because when I got the dvr..with the remote, the remote had to be Paired" so to speak with the tv.....so if I have already pushed the remote button a 100 times trying to turn it off the tv & the signal is getting messed up or thrown off.....it would make sense(at least to me) that the tv on & off swich would not work at that time. Its working fine now, because the remote is working ok.....the ONLY time I cannot turn off the tv manually is when I cannot turn it off at the remote. Its too much of a coincidence...I would have to admit 100% that it IS the TV--if the manual on/off switch did not work....all the time.....but apparantly its only happening when I try to turn off the tv with my dish remote.

Sorry guy but the remote will not cause the TV button not to work sometimes, it has absolutely nothing to do with the remote. even if you hit the remote button. The problem lies 100% in your TV. If it gets locked up and won't shutoff with the manual switch it is because the TV has the problem. All the remote does is tell the TV to shut off. If the TV gets confused and locked up it is still you TV's problem not your Remote. the remote might cause the issue but the underlying issue is the TV, not the remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts