DVR upgrade?

xccell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
I have a DVR 510 and love it, but I am longing for the ability to record two shows at the same time and watch a previously recorded one.

I am not ready for an HD receiver yet. I would like to know what would be a good upgrade from a 510 and what your favorite features are for your receiver.

Thanks!

You have two choices the 622 which is HD/SD at $199 or the 625 which is SD only for probably $49. 522 is the same as 625 with smaller hard drive and now available as used or remanufactured.

there is a 522 or 625 dual tuner none HD. it similar to 510 only you can record 2 shows at once or record one watch something else, and with 625 you replace 2 regular receivers but the catch is you have to have active phone line hooked up at all time. to get it you have sign up for 18 month and they charge installation fee

xccell said:
I have a DVR 510 and love it, but I am longing for the ability to record two shows at the same time and watch a previously recorded one. ...
I upgraded from two 508's connected to an old SD 53" Sony XBR to one 942 DVR and am absolutely estatic.

The 942 is not available as an upgrade from Dish and I don't know about its availability to purchase, maybe someone else can help out. The 942 has proven to be an absolutely stable and reliable box. I believe as an existing Dish customer you can add it to your account with no hassle.

The 522 or 625 has the capability of having 2 tv's connected, they have independent programming and you can watch the recorded programms in either room. you can can also use the receiver to make any tv picture in picture. Just don't let them charge you more than $49 for the upgrade. Sometimes they try to charge some customers more.

I just upgraded from 2 PVR 508s to 1 625. I love the 625, I can record two shows at once. I guess I got screwed as I paid $79 to upgrade.

Cool, thanks for all the tips and info! Based on your inputs I will look at what suits me the best.

You can record 2 shows and watch 2 other shows.... as long as the ones you are watching are recorded shows. So you could be recording two live shows, and watching a different recorded program on each of your TV's.

The only way I know to watch or record 3 live shows is with a 622 and an OTA tuner. The 622 has two satellite tuners and an OTA tuner, and you could be recording on all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts