DVR vip722 Help

blazesigma311

Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Georgia
Hello i am new to this site

I have a problem with the Vip722 DVR. while try to record a show (TV2) at 10pm one of my shows was stop by other show on TV1 . me and my brother use the same DVR for two tv in share mode. i want to know how do i set the dvr to record on different tvs with out stoping the other show from recording.

Thanks in adv

You have 2 tuners for Dish on the 722 and one for OTA if you have a separate antenna.

It sounds like you are trying to record 2 programs at 10 and at least one of you is trying to watch live TV at the same time.

You can record 2 programs at the same time, but you can only watch a pre-recorded program, not anything live. If you have OTA hooked up, you can either watch or record on that even if you are recording on the 2 tuners for Dish.

if you are sharing a dual tuner dvr with a family member, the best thing you can do is go to preferences in the menu, select record plus, and disable it. this way if you point the remote at YOUR tv and tell it to record something, your tv will be the one that records it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)