DVR510 - Timer Issue (Sports or Movie Channels)

md-detroit

Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
I'm still using the DVR 510 with America's Everything package. I've had no problems recording movies or sporting events until something changed recently.

While I can still record the movie channels and sporting events, I can no longer control the length of recording, when selecting the event from the guide or regular search menu. I used to be able to have the timer record from either 1 minute before to 1 minute after, or with sporting events, 60 minutes after the scheduled broadcast time, etc. That option is now grayed out for me and I cannot adjust the record time - again, when selecting either movies or sporting events. Episode-based shows still allow me to adjust the recording time.

I've also noticed when selecting a movie or sporting event, the DishPASS option is grayed out too, but when selecting an episode-based show, it is available.

I called DishNetwork and went through all their steps (front panel reset, etc etc), and their only solution was for me to set a manual timer for either the movie or the game, and only then was I able to adjust the record time. That's a serious hassle as opposed to just selecting the event from the guide or search results and setting up the timer. Also, once I do create the manual timer, once the timer recognizes it as a sporting event or movie, it again grays out the options for adjusting the record time, meaning if I want to modify it, I have to delete it, then start all over again.

Has anyone had this problem recently, or perhaps something changed with the policy regarding recording movies or professional/college sporting events? And does anyone have a fix, other than "get a new/upgraded receiver". :)

Thank you.

-mark

Is this any movie, just the premium channels (HBO/SHO/MAX/STZ), or anything listed as a movie in the guide?

After doing more testing, it appears it's any single movie or sporting event. Not just premium channels, but even movies on AMC or TNT or the other free channels have the Start Early / End Late option grayed out, as well as the DishPASS option grayed out.

Anything that is episode based lights up the Start Early / End Late option as well as DishPASS. Say, Dexter on Showtime, or reruns of Fresh Prince on Nick at Night.

I believe it's a bug in the newly updated DishPASS system, but it doesn't look like there's a way to correct it, except to do a manual timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts