DVR510

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ffire522

Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
I just had to replace one DVR510 4 months ago and now another one has gone down, I can't record or change channels. I am paying lease fees and dvr sevice fees. I am tired of paying Dish money I had to pay $50 for shipping and what else I don't remember to replace the last one. This Dish equipment don't know why I have to pay anything because the equipment went bad. Do you have any suggetions about what I should do including should I upgrade Dvrs.I'm not going to pay any more money to Dish I would rather go to cable. Thanks for any help

You can add the dish home protection plan for $5.99 a month, JUST when you need it and you can drop it once the replacement is in place. The shipping and the receiver are free if you do this. If you need a tech visit , it will only cost you $29.99 instead of the regular price of$ 99.99. I have done this for a while now and no problems. But you can also just call DISH and ask them to upgrade you to a newer dvr like the 625 or the 722k. If you really want some freebies call and ask for the cancellation department and see what they can do for you to get your new dvr and some credits as well. I have the 10.00 off for 12 months loyalty discount , 1 cent cinemax for a year and free hbo/starz for 3 months without commitment. All of these can be added to your account and a new upgrade too. Just call and ASK.

If you have the DHPP and you don't abuse it, most of the time they will wave the $29.99 service call fee as well. I usually have them out in the spring to realign my dish as we live in a windy area that tends to move the dish slightly during the winter. It keeps my signal strong through the stormy months ahead. To me, having to spend $5.99 a month to warranty equipment owned by E* is ridiculous, so to compensate for that I take advantage of the savings and have the dish overhauled each spring. Since they see I pay that every year, if I have other issues, they have always waved the fee. For example, recently, one of the legs supporting the dish became bent in a storm and E* sent a guy out to fix it with no service fee. In the long run, long-term customers who show loyalty in the company will be returned the favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts