DVR625 installation

mbtel

Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Hi guys,
i m a new DN customer with DVR625, i have 2 dish one is Dish 500 with dual lnb & the other one is 300 with single lnb for international(61.5),. when i connect the cable to the separator provided along with DVR i get 110/199/61.5 on sat input 1 but get no signal on sat2. I have 1 cable coming from dish 500 & 1 from 61.5 & i am using sw21 to combine them. Any idea why i get signal only on sat1

You cannot use the SW21 switch with the DPP seperator on the back of the 625. The DPP seperator only works with Dish Pro Plus DPP equipment which includes DPP44, DPP33, DPP twin and the dish 1000.2 lnb at this time.

In order to use the 2 dish setup like you have it with with one line to the 625 your 500 dish needs a DPP twin and the 300 needs a DP dual. The line from the DP dual would go to the 500 dish and into the DPP twin.

If using a switch a line must be run into the switch from each lnb port. Dish Pro lnbs and legacy will NOT work with the seperator. You must then run 2 lines to the receiver.

OK. In my case, the second dish that I would need to get 61.5 would have to be mounted on top of the house (2 story), on the other side of the yard, because of line site. How would my set up be from the Dishes to the back of my 625 and 322?

Hi guys,
i m a new DN customer with DVR625, i have 2 dish one is Dish 500 with dual lnb & the other one is 300 with single lnb for international(61.5),. when i connect the cable to the separator provided along with DVR i get 110/199/61.5 on sat input 1 but get no signal on sat2. I have 1 cable coming from dish 500 & 1 from 61.5 & i am using sw21 to combine them. Any idea why i get signal only on sat1
OK what idiotic DISH tech is doing an install combining Legacy and Dish Pro equipment?:mad::mad::mad:

OK. In my case, the second dish that I would need to get 61.5 would have to be mounted on top of the house (2 story), on the other side of the yard, because of line site. How would my set up be from the Dishes to the back of my 625 and 322?

If you have a DPP Twin for 119 and 110, you'll run a cable from 61.5 to the DPP Twin. Feed the two dual tuner receivers from the DPP Twin using a single cable and separator for each receiver.

Yeah, I remember you telling me that a while back when I was going to have a second dish for 129. But If I run a cable from where I will have to install the dish to pick up 61.5, the cable length will be between 75 -100 feet to get to my existing D500. Is there a way I could connect the two to a switch? If I could do that then my cable run from the 61.5 dish would only be about 30 feet.

Yeah, I remember you telling me that a while back when I was going to have a second dish for 129. But If I run a cable from where I will have to install the dish to pick up 61.5, the cable length will be between 75 -100 feet to get to my existing D500. Is there a way I could connect the two to a switch? If I could do that then my cable run from the 61.5 dish would only be about 30 feet.

You could use a DPP44 switch to keep the ability to run a single cable to the dual tuners. You could also wait until next month when the DPP33 switches are available, they're supposed to be cheaper than the DPP44 switches.

As long as the cable run from 61.5 to the receiver is within 200 ft., you're OK. How long is the run from the D500 to the receivers?