Dvr625 L258

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
I just got the new software. Version L258 showing on the system screen. So far didn't see or notice any changes. The "Delete DVR History" feature isn't there either. They promised that a while back. Maybe somebody else knows what the changes where. Also weird is that they released L256 on Dec. 8 and then a day later L257 and then 4 days later L258. Must have been one hell of a mess...

Anyone notice hard drive failures with the new software? I've been dealing with a customer this last week, 625 installed last friday, hard drive error within 30 mins of install. Replaced the 625, hard drive error within 24 hours. Dish tech support seemed to know what I was talking about and blamed it on new software, said to unplug receiver for 30 seconds and try again. That seemed to fix it, until this morning. Customer called my cell phone at 6:30 AM screaming that his receiver was dead in the water now. I hate caller ID.

I've installed about 7-8 625's this week, that's the only one with a problem that I know of.

L258 seems to still be in very limited release. I have the feeling the new hardware support they speak of is the Pocket Dish / external storage, and they're testing it out on unsuspecting customers. I'd expect another limited release or two before they open it to everyone (meaning they will only show one current software version on their website).

Whether they end up opening up the USB port to external drives or not, if the final outcome of this campaign doesn't result in the timer bugs being fixed I'm going to be highly perturbed (like that will matter). ;)

Well I plugged my digital camera in the USB port after the upgrade, and it still causes the receiver to immediatly reboot, just like before. I was kinda hoping for that feature too, but also must say that there's no difference in the UI either. So if USB was enabled, I think there would be changes in the menu and such. Like an option what to do with the external files and such.

I also thought that the picture looks quit a bit sharper, and I thought it was just me. Apparently I'm not alone. The PQ comes pretty close to a HD picture now. And I have the 625 hooked up to mega sharp 32" LCD HDTV. I am impressed with the SD PQ.
I expected it to alot worse. Maybe they enabled 8PSK Turbo on the 625 now, and therefore the improved PQ.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts