HDNet screwed up again?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
At home this morning enjoying a freshly pulled wisdom tooth. I was just watching HDNet and trying to watch Hogan's Heroes, and it is back to the same freezing/breakups that was going on last week. So much for that being fixed, I guess.

DirecTV is not having the picture breakup problem that Dish Network is.

I have a feeling that this issue is due to the fact they just switched over to a new fiber feed.

I watched the hockey game last night on HDNET. At first the picture (and sound) was freezing every 20-25 minutes. By the end of the game it was happening every 5 minutes. The freeze-ups were all identical, lasting about 5 seconds, no pixelation or picture breakup -- just freeze-ups.

Reminds me of the reason I was so glad that satellite brought an alternative to cable. Our local cable system has been owned by countless companies over the years (currently Adelphia) and we were constantly getting breadowns in service. The reason given was "upgrading the system" They continued to "upgrade the system" for several years with no credits given for the poor reception, although they did have an announcement on the cable channel, so we knew it wasn't just a localized problem. Unfortunately, this announcement became a fixture on the cable channel for several years.

If Dish is going to send us an inferior product over an unknown period of time, they should offer credits to subscribers. At the least, they should announce that they are working on changes and apologize for the service interrruptions, rather than just expecting us to accept this inferior product. After all, we are still paying full price.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)