SEC+ Again

Are you saying that SEC+ is available via streaming for no extra cost if I have the SEC channel and the ESPN channels already?

Over the years when I also had those, ESPN+ and SEC+ streaming was an extra cost?
ESPN+ is extra
I understood that SEC plus games were included if you sub to SEC network. I sub to ESPN+ so I get the SEC+ games.
The first post in this thread confirms what I wrote (SEC+ is included if you have SEC network)

Q: ESPN+ is a paid subscription. Do I have to pay separately to access SEC Network+?

A: No. SEC Network+ is complementary to SEC Network and part of your subscription with your cable, satellite, or streaming provider.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks. I did not know it was included this year. I have had SEC channel since it was started. Can't do anything about SEC+ in previous years anyway. Anyway, I could have forgotten it was available in the past if you have SEC channel.

Interesting that high ranking teams are relegated to the + channel.
Contractual situation, just like every Big Ten team plays at least 1 game on the BTN a year ....
I'm sure the sec is the same way.
Its a top ranked team playing nobody usually when on one of those networks, mostly.

Reactions: zippyfrog
Exactly. And with the Big10, they have both Peacock exclusive and BTN games. East Carolina/Michigan, Delaware/Penn State on Peacock, and BTN has Youngstown State/Ohio State and Bowling Green/Michigan. I think it is the same across all the conferences - for the streaming games, every team will be included in some way, shape, or form, but the top tier teams are going to be playing in games that are most likely going to be lopsided. At this point in time, I can't see an Alabama or a Georgia playing a conference game on SEC+.

Exactly. And with the Big10, they have both Peacock exclusive and BTN games. East Carolina/Michigan, Delaware/Penn State on Peacock, and BTN has Youngstown State/Ohio State and Bowling Green/Michigan. I think it is the same across all the conferences - for the streaming games, every team will be included in some way, shape, or form, but the top tier teams are going to be playing in games that are most likely going to be lopsided. At this point in time, I can't see an Alabama or a Georgia playing a conference game on SEC+.
Difference being, the East Carolina / Mich game was on Peacock ONLY, wasn't available on NBC Network OTA.

I don't have any issues with the games being on Streaming as long as they are also on Traditional TV.

Last edited:
Meh, college football is like WWF Wrestling Challenge, mostly top names verses jobbers and then a main event.
That's usually just for the first games. Then the real action starts. Although we had a major upset this week with unrated Duke upsetting number 9 Clemson in a big way.

Difference being, the East Carolina / Mich game was on Peacock ONLY, wasn't available on NBC Network OTA.

I don't have any issues with the games being on Streaming as long as they are also on Traditional TV.
You realize there's more availability on streaming than on traditional TV, right? If every game could only be on streaming if it's also on traditional TV, there would be a number of fans that couldn't watch their team play.

That's usually just for the first games. Then the real action starts. Although we had a major upset this week with unrated Duke upsetting number 9 Clemson in a big way.
Clemson may qualify as a team this year that Starts in the Top 10 and Fails to play Top 10 all season long, IF this past week type of play continues.

You realize there's more availability on streaming than on traditional TV, right? If every game could only be on streaming if it's also on traditional TV, there would be a number of fans that couldn't watch their team play.
So, Nobody watched THIER games before Streaming ????

I'm gonna guess that there are a ton of teams that are Not on Streaming.

Are All MAC Games on Streaming ???
Without having to pay extreme pricing.
I actually doubt that they are on.

UToledo is on TV at the end of the year on ESPN every year as part of thier Tuesday Wednesday deal.

UToledo is on TV at the end of the year on ESPN every year as part of thier Tuesday Wednesday deal.
Umm, yes. Before streaming, there were a LOT of fans that couldn't watch their team without going to the stadium.

Every night there are games you can watch via streaming that are not on "traditional" broadcast. Do you disagree?

The point is, if, as you suggest, teams shouldn't be on streaming unless they're also on traditional TV would mean many fans don't get to see their teams play. There's a limited number of broadcast hours. Realistically, on a Saturday, say you start at 11a ET and go to 3a ET on Sunday. That's 16 hours. So a single channel could broadcast 4-5 games. Let's even say there are 20 broadcast channels. Heck, I'll even give you 50. That's 250 games. So 500 teams would be broadcasted. That covers all of the D1 football games. What about DII? DIII? NAIA? And doesn't allow for local news and other shows.

I get it. You're only concerned about the games YOU are interested in. So just say that.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Remember waaaay back in the 70s and 80s when the NCAA controlled what games went on tv?.. its gonna be similar with streaming except it will be the rich and the poor...popular colleges will be easy to find...the rest will be lost in the sauce

Umm, yes. Before streaming, there were a LOT of fans that couldn't watch their team without going to the stadium.

Every night there are games you can watch via streaming that are not on "traditional" broadcast. Do you disagree?

The point is, if, as you suggest, teams shouldn't be on streaming unless they're also on traditional TV would mean many fans don't get to see their teams play. There's a limited number of broadcast hours. Realistically, on a Saturday, say you start at 11a ET and go to 3a ET on Sunday. That's 16 hours. So a single channel could broadcast 4-5 games. Let's even say there are 20 broadcast channels. Heck, I'll even give you 50. That's 250 games. So 500 teams would be broadcasted. That covers all of the D1 football games. What about DII? DIII? NAIA? And doesn't allow for local news and other shows.

I get it. You're only concerned about the games YOU are interested in. So just say that.
Everybody is interested in THIER games.

Yes, but some people realize it's not all about them and others deserve the same benefits.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just because I want to see My games, doesn't mean others can't see thiers ....

What percentage of people here do you think follow a team that is NOT on a Normal every day Channel ?

ESPN+ just like the past couple years.
There are tons of college football games on ESPN+ weekly. ESPN+ has a fair amount of conferences in FBS (D1) and FCS (D1-AA)

I dont know what you consider extreme pricing but $10 a month isnt that bad.
Before ESPN+ got rights to the non huge conferences you may were able to see a game or so and it wasnt the best of quality. For folks who no longer live in the area it is a great thing.

ESPN+ just like the past couple years.
There are tons of college football games on ESPN+ weekly. ESPN+ has a fair amount of conferences in FBS (D1) and FCS (D1-AA)

I dont know what you consider extreme pricing but $10 a month isnt that bad.
Before ESPN+ got rights to the non huge conferences you may were able to see a game or so and it wasnt the best of quality. For folks who no longer live in the area it is a great thing.
Is ESPN 3, part of ESPN+ ?

I Never said they "Shouldn't " be on ....

not really
ESPN3 for college football games is for the games on ABC. There are markets (mine being one) that there is not an ABC licensed in the market. So OTA and Directv Stream subs do not have ABC. We can view the ABC games via the ESPN app by not having to pay for ESPN plus.
The Local team is on ESPN3 .... or at least has been.
I have espn+, not espn3