DVR625 to DVD-R?

IamSamHA

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
I'm having no luck connecting my Samsung DVD-R120 recorder to my Dish DVR 625. I've checked both manuals, and still no luck.

Anyone had any luck connecting a DVD-R to a 625? If so, how?

Thanks!

Sam

Can you put a little more detail in "no luck?" Best results are to use the S-Video output and the RCA audio outs. Real time playing/recording.

I had mine hooked up fine (a 625 to a DVD recorder). I used the S video out or the componet video out and the RCA audio outs to hook up directly to the DVR's corresponding in's ... really is nothing to it ;o) Like KAB said, there must be something else going on and would need details ...

The DVR runs two different TV's. One TV is a "monitor" only, no tuner, so the DVR is run into the "Line 1" inputs to this TV. Line 2 is a DVD/VCR combo, and Line 3 is the kids gamecube.

The second TV is coaxed in, set to channel 75 to prevent interference.

I've tried several different setups:

1: DVR hooked as others have said, S-Video / RCA plugs to the DVD-R, out into the TV. When hooked up this way, I get audio on the TV, no picture. I've tried a couple different S-Video cables.

2: DVR to the TV with RCA / SVideo, and the DVD-R connected to the coax connection.

The second TV I tried the standard Coax in / out thing, but, I can't see the DVD-R setup at all. I'm thinking this is because of the channel 75 thing.

Sam

Last edited:
Just taking some stabs here. The recorder has S-Video in and out. Sure you are connected to the right ones? RE coax'd TV, the recorder would need to be set to CH 75 as well. Then, I would connect the RCA outs to your line 1/2 of your TV if it has them. If not, you would need to set the proper channel on your TV, like CH 3/4 as you would a VCR, but I do not know what your recorder channel should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts