DVRs limited to 1000 recording?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
So my 211 with an EHD was starting to act up today - wouldn't record correctly, random channel changes, claimed it was recording but nothing was added to the DVR list of recordings.

After a bunch of troubleshooting (at first thinking the external hard drive was dying) I figured out the issue was hitting a total of 1000 recordings on the hard drive - deleting a handful of recordings to get the total to 990 or so and everything was back to normal.

It made wonder if this was a limitation of the just the 221 EHD, or if other Dish DVRs have a limit.

(BTW, I have a bunch of short recordings, which is how I was able to fit 1000 recordings on the 1GB drive.)

I did not know about that limit but I have been there and have experienced some issues. Just never identified the cause. I do have the 2 TB drive in my HWSs and they hover between 97-100% full, but with some Hi def and some movies in there it now tends to stay under 900 recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)