DX TV

billyboy_1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Southeast Missouri
I hope i'm in the correct area to post this, but is anyone else getting any DX on the TV ? What I am seeing is on channel 3 and it has to be analog. The signal is in and out and not strong enough to grab any audio. All the text is in english but I thought I might have seen the word center spelled different like in Canada. "centre". It has been many years since I have seen TV skip. The one other time I did see it was back in the 80's while installing an old C-band dish. As I was getting ready to install a A-B switch in the peoples house, I noticed a test pattern on channel three that was coming in on the outdoor antenna. I thought it was weird to sse that in the middle of the afternoon. When I looked closer I saw that in the old timey test pattern it gave the call of a channel 3 in Cuba.

Canada is still analog in most areas until end of August so it is possible

The other day I got a quick signal of CKPR channel 2 in Thunder Bay (from Minneapolis)
Ironically CHFD 4 was nothing (same power, same tower)

The farthest I've ever got was from Duluth MN about 157 miles away. That was many many years ago, and it must have been tropo because it only lasted a hour or so. CKPR in Minneapolis, wow that's more than 300 miles! CKPR and CHFD are going digital on Aug 1 at 12 noon, so that's probably the last time you will get either one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts