E* 500 series firmware P309

dbwizbangr

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Puerto Rico
Has anyone out here on the fringe, been able to resolve the 110 through a switch issue with the P309 download on a 501/508?

How many with a 501 were involved withe the DP 7200 "swap" to the 501?

How many 500 series owneres recieved a replacement 501/508 for $19+$24 shipping?

I was vicimized by all of the above. However after new replacement failed, go figure, replacement cost was waived and recieved a month of programming free for the trouble. All programming fees should be "waved until the issue is resolved. After all, it's not the subscribers fault.

I had a 508 that had the problem recognizing 110. I called tech support & they said it was the receiver. Being stupid, & wanting the dual tuner dvr, I agreed to the upgrade......................what a disaster. I hooked up the 625 exactly the same as the 508. I used tv1 tuner set to output on channel 4.........rolling white lines across the screen. TV2 output ok. Replacement did the same thing. Next replacement was better but you couldn't record anything. Next replacement now causing interference with other ota stations. Getting ready to call dish & send it all back & reconnect my 508.

dbwizbangr said:
Has anyone out here on the fringe, been able to resolve the 110 through a switch issue with the P309 download on a 501/508?

How many with a 501 were involved withe the DP 7200 "swap" to the 501?

How many 500 series owneres recieved a replacement 501/508 for $19+$24 shipping?

I was victimized by all of the above. However after new replacement failed, go figure, replacement cost was waived and recieved a month of programming free for the trouble. All programming fees should be "waved until the issue is resolved. After all, it's not the subscribers fault.
relocated a dish connected to a 508..stupidly ran a check switch and no 110..called advanced tech and the CSR , a real genius, said she had never heard of the problem..She just wanted to get off the phone quickly..I wouldn't let her go..she insisted that the receiver was NG....I finally go t a floor super on the phone and he told me I wasn't allowed to keep a CSR n the phone..I told him I always had good relationships with advanced tech....He got to business and told me the firmware would update in 30 mins or so...this hassle could have been avoided if the first CSR told me that....

Had a situation today where the customer lost ODD and then EVEN 110 on his 510 receiver. He just replaced his receiver last week for the same situation.

He seemed shocked when I predicted he was run P308 on his receiver. LOL

Called up Dish and, of course, the phone-jockey said that there was no official problem with the software. But did state I was the 20th tech today to tell him that it's a F*d up release. Wasn't too much I could do. Had the CSR generate a report to Dish Engineering...whatever THAT means. Guess those boys can send a manual hit to the receiver and update him to P309. Hope it works out for him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)