E* Asks FCC to move E8 to 77w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay then we have rainbow 1 at 61.5 , echostar 8 at 77 ,and which sat will go to 72.7 to finish the third sat for the eastern arc?

When will this be completed? I am thinking about going with the eastern arc setup, but would like to know some kind of time table.

The start of the plan will be when E11 is operational. The launch is still on schedule for sometime in July. With about 30 to 60 days of testing and then I would think they would think they would make the move. I would think sometime in October or November.

Echostar wants FCC permission to move E8 to 77w, after E11 is operational at 110w.

See here.
Looks like E* plans to move E2 also.

4 EchoStar will soon file a set of applications requesting authority to move EchoStar 2 to
77° W.L., where it will operate as a Mexican-licensed satellite, and to provide service from the
satellite into the U.S. EchoStar 2 will effectively replace EchoStar 4, which is nearing its end of
life, providing greater operational flexibility for EchoStar 8 to provide more services and more
transponder availability to U.S. consumers than if EchoStar 8 were operated by itself at 77° W.L.

I guess this means that Ciel-2 does have CONUS transponders, along with spotbeams. I was thinking that E8 would go to 129 to support Ciel-2. Guess not.

I guess this means that Ciel-2 does have CONUS transponders, along with spotbeams. I was thinking that E8 would go to 129 to support Ciel-2. Guess not.

The design of the Ciel-2 satellite probably has both spotbeam and CONUS capability but the maximum power for the satellite quoted in several press releases at 10.7 kWatts would preclude the use of a significant number of spotbeams and CONUS beams at the same time. Based on recent FCC activity, my guess would be that only a small number of the spotbeams on the Ciel-2 satellite will be activated initially. Folks in th Western Arc will need to wait a few months until the E-14 satellite is launched in mid to late 2009 to the 119 W slot. Recent financial reports have the E-14 satellite with significant spotbeam capability.

FCC request says they will keep E2/E4 in service for now which will allow E8 to use fewer of it's 32 transponders but at the high power level. So, there will be a full 32 transponder suite operating at 77 with the E8 transponders operating at high power. That's probably why E8 will be able to be near full CONUS at 77.

Will Satellite at 77W Interfere with Satellite at 82W?

Question, how can a CONUS satellite operate at 77W and not interfere with the Bell Express satellite at 82W? If the receiving dish size is increased, the interference can be prevented, but what about all the dish antennas already installed in Canada and receiving 82W?

What am I missing?

Question, how can a CONUS satellite operate at 77W and not interfere with the Bell Express satellite at 82W? If the receiving dish size is increased, the interference can be prevented, but what about all the dish antennas already installed in Canada and receiving 82W?

What am I missing?
perhaps the BEV or the Dish bird will not be operating at full power? SInce the slot was approved i guess the guys in the white coats must know what they are doing

What am I missing?

Because BEV uses a 500 dish aimed at 82 and 91. The center of the dish is focused between the two at 86.5. Since it isn't designed to pick up satellites <82, there is very little gain from the 77 satellite on their dish. If BEV ever operated a triple sat dish that included 72.5, then there would be quite a bit of gain on 77 on the dish and some of that would be hitting adjacent LNBs.

Think of it like this, point a dish 500 at 82/91 and shine a flashlight from 77 towards the dish, you'll see very little light hitting the 82 LNB. However, if you point a triple satellite such as 1000.2 at 73/82/92 and shine a flashlight on it from 77, you'll see much more light hitting the 82 LNB.

Interesting stuff in the OP's linked FCC filing.

For one thing, it states that E*8 has spot beams that are turned off, and won't be used at 77 either.

It also says that E*8 will run at high power on 16 transponders at 77, and E*2 and E*4 will cover the other transponders.

It also says that it will carry Spanish Language programming, so we know that the Dish Latino mirroring will be from 77w. And it will also serve Mexico from that location.

And like 129, it will eventually have a new satellite owned by the owner of the 77 slot.

The linked FCC filing on E*6 to 72.5 states that it will initially provide 11 transponders there, and that (like 129 and 77), the owners of the slot will eventually launch a new satellite to 72.5 ("Nimiq 5").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)