E* HD-Lite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Curtis0620 said:
Won't your set do it anyway?

Perhaps, but multiple passes through lossy decompression/compression is a bad idea. Each time through you'll premanently lost more information.

Best to avoid having E* (in transmission or receiver) recompress/rescale then have the TV also rescale.

For example, for my 720p DLP, best picture for ABC/ESPN/FOX is to set the 921 to 720p - this sends the 720p source directly to the display.

For 1080i I can either set the 921 to 1080i and let the TV scale, or use 720p and let the 921 scale (I prefer the scaler in the TV).

I bet I know what it says without even opening it....

Yup :)

The Quality Assurance team wanted to send you an update regarding the status
of the HD issues you reported.

We have asked the pertinent departments about the HD services that were
reported to have issues by customers. We were told that there have not been
any changes on HDNET, SHOHD, or any other HD content that could have
affected audio/video quality. HDPPV is the only service that should have
been affected, and hopefully it can be resolved shortly. We have not
noticed any issues on HDNET or HDNET Movies, but will continue to monitor
them.

We are always looking for the optimal mix to keep our customers happy with
our channel quality and variety. Despite our best efforts, there may be
times when a temporary change in a setting could adversely affect the
quality of a channel. All affected departments and upper management are
fully aware of the issues with the HDPPV channel, and are looking at ways to
resolve them.

Thank you very much for your time, and thank you for being a DISH Network
customer.

Those numbers while they were accurate when taken may not and are probably not accurate now.

Pub members know about some of the tweeking going on with the VOOM channels and some are actually help in testing a few things out for VOOM / Dish Network in this regard. :)

Yes. I put a note that said it is a one time sample :)

but they do reflect the current state, as the sample was taken just last night ;)

Huray! I just read that they restored 1920 to the PPV channel. They stuck to their word like the letter stated :)

They should swap EquatorHD with one of the channels that are downrezzed since Equator's PQ sucks anyway. Give us a good channel with better PQ. Rush has really suffered lately. Since it has lots of action and Eqautor is mostly scenery, wouldn't it make more since to swap positions with those 2?

Yeah Rush really looked like garbage when I watched some yesterday.

Hopefully they can open up 1 more transponder and move channels so they're all 2 ch per tp. They need max rez/bitrate anways if they hope to get cable carriage. I sure would hope cable wouldn't accept a garbage signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)