E* HD Resolution and Bitrate

What HD channels are you getting via C-band HD now. i looked at a digital package on a C=band provider the other day and was very disappointed w/ the selection via a 4DTV.

The channel selection is limited compared with pizza dish. I get HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Discovery and will probably sub to NFLHD which is supposed to be available on 4dtv any day now. The nice thing about these is that they are all the master feeds straight from the source. You don't have a middle man like Dish or Directv recompressing and reencoding them before you get them. There's also PBSHD and Wealth HD(not that I've ever recorded it) on 4dtv.

There's a few other HD channels that are FTA on C-band. They can be picked up with a PC card or a Quali-tv receiver. There's also a lot of FTA sports that are in HD via wildfeeds.

Last edited:
The channel selection is limited compared with pizza dish. I get HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Discovery and will probably sub to NFLHD which is supposed to be available on 4dtv any day now. The nice thing about these is that they are all the master feeds straight from the source. You don't have a middle man like Dish or Directv recompressing and reencoding them before you get them. There's also PBSHD and Wealth HD(not that I've ever recorded it) on 4dtv.

There's a few other HD channels that are FTA on C-band. They can be picked up with a PC card or a Quali-tv receiver. There's also a lot of FTA sports that are in HD via wildfeeds.

You truly see the difference when you switch back and forth between a 35mbps 4:2:2 HD feed and a NON multi-cast full ATSC HD signal. As my wife would say....."The color looks real like I can touch it and theres no little squares when the camera swings from left to right!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts