E* service for RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sabal

Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I called E* today and inquired about getting service for my RV as I travel a good bit. I found that I have to submit a request form and copy of my RV title and they are faxing the form to me.

The question that I have pertains to receiving local stations. Since E* can no longer offer DNS service, that would seem to mean that one would not be able to get any locals on the RV receiver. The CSR told me that I would be able to call the service center when I arrived at my distant location and give them the address where I was, and that they would change my account to that location and program the local stations. They further stated that my billing address could be left at my home location.

This would work out fairly well for me, as I usually stay in one location when I leave and, at the times that I would rarely go somewhere else, I would just use the local antenna as it would save trouble.

What I would like to know is, has anyone had experience doing this, and does it in fact work out reasonably well? It seems like, in my case it might work for me, but for someone that traveled to many locations with their RV, it might get hairy.

As a side note, I also called D* to check on their service for doing this and found that it is far superior to the above. They even have a deal on now to get the equipment free, including a travel tripod for the RV dish.

What's the consensus of opinion on this subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)