E* wants to take my 811 back after cancelling HD pak?!?!?

bigalbklyn said:
To my knowledge unless you are signed up with the HD pack you would not be able to receive HBO or Showtime HD. You can only get them if you subscribe to them normally + the HD pack.

I don't have the HD pack, never have. I do own a 6000 and get HBO-HD, Showtime-HD and PPV-HD. So again, if I upgraded to the 811 and got the promo deal on HD Pack, found out I didn't like it and cancelled before my 6 month promo was up, why should I return my 811? I then would not be able to receive the HD channels that I could before I traded in my 6000.

never trade ur receiver. Unles its really old, 25 bucks is nothing for a reciever what you might have paid for in the hundreds.

I recently got the 811 and there was a paper that came in the box that said when you activate the reciever you are agreeing to the fine print in the letter. I think it said about the $5/mo and 9.95 mo HD package but dont remember about the 1 yr thing. I will look.

**sigh**

After reading the comments, I have come to the conclusion that IF you are a E* lease customer (like myself), E* has major control over what you can subscribe to and view. It appears that if you OWN your receivers, then you have the upper hand in what programming you want and will pay for. Charlie is smart, that's why he is worth over 9 billion bucks. :rolleyes:

Yeah, confirmations for shipping a reciever out to you is going to an automated phone system where it divulges everything, it says that for the 811 the hd pack would need to be added to the account and the cost. And no, if you order HBO or Showtime then you get the HD feeds, it has nothing to do with the HD package determing whether or not you get the channels.

Barry Erick said:
Papers? What papers. My dog has papers. From my install last week I have zero (0) papers for:
  • DP34
  • Superdish

Maybe they come after a while?
NO, DISH owns the papers too, and holds them for you. :D

Dish should be ashame of even asking you back for the 811. It's really a POS. I've been having many problems lately with lost channels, lost sound, unstable local OTA digital channels, dropouts, unrequested logging off, etc... It's hard to believe that DISH knows of the problems dissatisfied customers are having and the only thing they can offer up to now is software updates that fix one thing and screw up another. DISH should do the right thing and replace all the 811 customer call and complain about with hardware that really work for our monthly subscription fee. I wish I had better choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts