E10 Spotbeams

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
why in the hell do they have a Spotbeam for Key West and Cuba (though clearly Cuba isn't marked - it very obvious)?

This satellite is designed to last 15 years. Just about every political forecaster sees the US embargo on Cuba being lifted within the next decade or so. So why not be ready.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
This satellite is designed to last 15 years. Just about every political forecaster sees the US embargo on Cuba being lifted within the next decade or so. So why not be ready.

See ya
Tony
Maybe this is a US Government initiative to flood the Cuban airwaves with American programming, a la Voice of America or Radio Marti. The next step is to start air-dropping 311's all over the island. :)

HDTVFanAtic said:
why in the hell do they have a Spotbeam for Key West?

Wow someone failed geography. The other Island is Puerto Rico. Key West is part of Florida (the panhandle on the bottom southeast of the US)

Um...BFG.... the Cuban spot hits Key West as well. Notice the question was : why in the hell do they have a Spotbeam for Key West and Cuba

One spot beam, two islands. :)

See ya
Tony

I believe it hits more than that. Looks to me like it also hits Jamaica and maybe part of Haiti.

E* doesn't want to miss out on the Haiti economic boom, which is just around the corner.

Looks like it bends around the Bahamas, so they are out of luck. Darn! And I was hoping to catch several hours of E* on my next trip there. :)

Last edited:
jrbdmb said:
Maybe this is a US Government initiative to flood the Cuban airwaves with American programming, a la Voice of America or Radio Marti. The next step is to start air-dropping 311's all over the island. :)

Actually umm, not getting into details, but ive heard thru quite a few people that many cubans are/were stealing US satellite programming.

If there is one whole spotbeam saying 'overthrow castro' etc.., maybe it will get to them, and cuba can be another US territory!

Tom Bombadil said:
I believe it hits more than that. Looks to me like it also hits Jamaica and maybe part of Haiti.

E* doesn't want to miss out on the Haiti economic boom, which is just around the corner.

Looks like it bends around the Bahamas, so they are out of luck. Darn! And I was hoping to catch several hours of E* on my next trip there. :)

im in haiti , so i wonder if they will offer the haitian local channels on that spotbeam:) :)

BFG said:
Wow someone failed geography. The other Island is Puerto Rico. Key West is part of Florida (the panhandle on the bottom southeast of the US)

YOU FAILED geography.

There is a spotbeam for Key West and IT IS THE SAME SPOT BEAM FOR CUBA.

Cuba isn't shown but look at the lobe.

We aren't talking about the second spotbeam WHICH IS for Puerto Rico and shown as such.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts