EA 1000.4 dish & 110 can I

jhnh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I just installed a 1000.4 dish, works great here in SoCal, now I want to connect the 110 location to it, any problems? LA locals there in Mpeg 4. I did this just for fun, ya, my wife loved another dish.

I have the 1000.4 dish here in Northern KY and I get locals from Cincinnati Ohio. Just wanting to know what is the advantage of adding the 110 satellite to the 72.7, 77 and 61.5 line up. I though that Dish has the channels duplicated on all the satellites. I used to have the 110, 119 and 61.5 on 2 sat. dishes and switched to the EA 1000.4 dish to get HD locals.

110 has the Los Angeles locals in Mpeg 4 there, I'm using a 1000+ for my regular service, I did this just to have fun. I have directv Venezuela off of the 95 location, I do these things just to see if they can be done.

Someone please clear this up for me because I may have missed something: I thought all LA SD locals are still MPEG2 and are at 119 spot & 110 spot while all LA HD locals are at 129 MPEG4 8PSK spot. If this has changed, let me know. I want to be certain I'm on top of this. Thanks.

Hey Viper0580...
I live in Cincinnati and was thinking about upgrading to EA too get local HD stations. I currenty have one dish (110,119) and all are leased MPEG2 receivers... Are you also leasing? I was just wondering the process/headaches/etc you went through with Dish to upgrade to EA. I also lease and Dish would have to replace all my receivers with VIP models. Did you lose locals during the transition? What sort of deals did Dish offer to switch everything out?

If EA is appropriate for your area, DISH will install it for free in conjunction with an HD receiver upgrade. Unless you can't see the EA satellites (61.5W, 72.7W and 77W), what you're trying to accomplish is how it typically goes.

What you're seeing here are people who can't see the appropriate Western Arc satellites or have chosen to do things the hard way for the sake of doing things the hard way.

Someone please clear this up for me because I may have missed something: I thought all LA SD locals are still MPEG2 and are at 119 spot & 110 spot while all LA HD locals are at 129 MPEG4 8PSK spot. If this has changed, let me know. I want to be certain I'm on top of this. Thanks.

I believe you are correct. Check TheList link in my signature.

my HD locals are only on 77 sat...so Dish has no choice but to upgrade me to EA...i only want HD on one tv initally...but going to EA is going to force Dish to upgrade all 4 of my leased receivers...just wondering what kind of deals they are offering in this situation..also wanted to find out if the bug of losing your locals once the EA order is put in the system until EA is installed is still a problem..

my HD locals are only on 77 sat...so Dish has no choice but to upgrade me to EA...i only want HD on one tv initally...but going to EA is going to force Dish to upgrade all 4 of my leased receivers...just wondering what kind of deals they are offering in this situation..also wanted to find out if the bug of losing your locals once the EA order is put in the system until EA is installed is still a problem..
As an existing customer with four individual MPG2 receivers you will more than likely get a 1000.2 with a wing dish for the 77. Unless you pay to upgrade your four (I'm going to assume single tuners) receiver to VIP receivers.

1000.2 is big enough without having a second dish..dont want that mess hanging off my house...i am fairly sure i do not have a good LOS to 129 due to trees and 129 being lower in the horizon...so 1000.4 is the only way i would go. I thought that 77 was 100% MPEG4 which would require all receivers to be upgraded?? I do not mind paying something for an upgrade. Just wasnt sure how much i would have to fight with Dish to get EA and all receivers upgraded. I am going to wait at least until the beginning of Feb to upgrade since Dish is increasing their leased tuner/receiver limit

Hey Viper0580...
I live in Cincinnati and was thinking about upgrading to EA too get local HD stations. I currenty have one dish (110,119) and all are leased MPEG2 receivers... Are you also leasing? I was just wondering the process/headaches/etc you went through with Dish to upgrade to EA. I also lease and Dish would have to replace all my receivers with VIP models. Did you lose locals during the transition? What sort of deals did Dish offer to switch everything out?

The upgrade to EA 1000.4 went just fine. No Problems. I did not lose and channels or any thing. I have 2 VIP622's and 2 VIP612's and as far as I know I am leasing all the receivers. I have the 1000.4 dish and all the receivers hooked to a DP44 switch with the separator hooked to the back or each receiver. The only problem I had was I had to call dish several times to get the 1000.4 EA dish because they would not let me upgrade to it then I finally talked to some one who would actually do there job and had a clue on what they were doing. I had the EA dish ever since it came out. Now I get HD locals off satellite and off air.

Last edited:
The upgrade to EA 1000.4 went just fine. No Problems. I did not lose and channels or any thing. I have 2 VIP622's and 2 VIP612's and as far as I know I am leasing all the receivers. I have the 1000.4 dish and all the receivers hooked to a DP34 switch with the separator hooked to the back or each receiver. The only problem I had was I had to call dish several times to get the 1000.4 EA dish because they would not let me upgrade to it then I finally talked to some one who would actually do there job and had a clue on what they were doing. I had the EA dish ever since it came out. Now I get HD locals off satellite and off air.

Did you already lease your 612 and 622's or did those get upgraded at the same time as EA install? What was Dish solution for Cinti HD locals on your first few calls if they did not want to upgrade you to EA?

Did you already lease your 612 and 622's or did those get upgraded at the same time as EA install? What was Dish solution for Cinti HD locals on your first few calls if they did not want to upgrade you to EA?

Dish Customer support told me that I did not need that 1000.4 dish and that I had to get the HD locals via Off-Air. Then I called back after a few days and they told me it was not available for current customers it was only for new customers. I called about 2 to 3 times the following week. Then I got some one who just put in the work order to have a Dish installer to set it up.

I already had the 2 VIP612's and 2 VIP622's before I had the 1000.4 EA dish installed. on lease.

Why the DP34 and 1000.4. I thought the 1000.2 and 1000.4 would work 4 receivers without a switch.

I have a DP44 switch. The dish only has 3 lines comming from it. One line for each satellite 72.7, 77 and 61.5 and I have 4 receivers. So I was told that I had to have the DP44 switch with the Separator. I have one line running from the switch to each receiver with the separator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)