This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

EA 1000.4 ?

Playaction

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
I ordered and set up a new 1000.4 EA dish for tailgaiting purposes. It works fine but my HD locals are apparantly only on 129. Montgomery Al- What are my options? Are there any plans to put them on 61.5. I actually called and talked to someone in tech and they didn't mention this at the time. Thanks

You could get a Dish 300 and point it at 129 and then hook the dishes together with a DPP44 switch. A DPP34 might work, but someone who knows more about which switch to use could let you know for sure.
You could always "move" to a county in the Birmingham or Mobile DMA and get HD locals, if you can use an antenna to get Montgomery locals where you live or travel to.

You could get a Dish 300 and point it at 129 and then hook the dishes together with a DPP44 switch.

Don't need a switch, the 1000.4 has a wing dish input. You could also switch to a 1000 or 1000.2 dish.

Probably be better getting a 1000.2. You could just point a single Dish 300 or 500 at 129, if locals are all you want for the tailgating, but you probably want ESPN for Gameday, which is on 110.