EA buys Bioware/Pandemic for over $800mil...this is BIG.

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
"Mass Effect" isn't even out yet and apparently Electronic Arts was already hot to acquire developer BioWare.

Big money just changed hands and this has some real portent for the industry...because it's unlikely they're going to want to continue a bunch of console exclusives w/ future titles.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9796120-7.html

sad

It is sad whan a developer follows the route of money but I suppose if you were in their shoes what would you do... I mean a 800 mil check is pretty convincing...

Keep in mind they were sold by the investment firm that owned the 2 companies. So Bioware didn't just make 400 million (and Pandemic the other 400), their parent company did.

Up to EA to ensure the quality work continues from both studios.

I can't wait for Mass Effect 2008 from EA. It'll be the same game with a couple new pop songs and updated armor colors.

I don't think this is good news. I've seen it before, once a brand goes away, because it was bought, that quality is lost forever.

Instead you get half-dozen huge companies, that only care about turning a profit and cut corners anyway they can.

I've liked and hated stuff from EA, but at some point they will get too big for their own good, IMHO.

everything has an end when EA puts their hands on it, they ruined the BF series with the release of BF2142.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)