EA dishnetwork is dish useable for 97W?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pickone4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
wisconsin
I will be getting my roof redone, so I will finally be able to get at the dish. It was installed higher then my ladder could reach anyways. Hopefully it will work on 97w can I use the lnb that is on it, or do I need a different one?

Not everybody may understand your question.
The DishNet eastern arc dish is a little small, and would need a new LNBF, but should get you much of 97 west.
At least on dry days. ;) :up
There should be a thread on the mod around here somewhere.
I won't recommend it to the inexperienced, but if you are careful and pay attention, you can have success.
edit: I think it was member polgyver who recently described such a conversion while on vacation in Miami.

Last edited:
Newbies always should go to a 1 meter to start out with than a DN dish or directv slimline dish reason is it takes some time to get those to work right. We are here to help just ask around we can help.

Dan Rose

I can vouch for 72w just a quick 5 minute swap to a linear lnb and matching bracket. Instant nbc 71-72 quality in northeast pa near Allentown

Dan

Not to mention if you get one second-hand, the dish or arm could be beat up. I finally gave up on a World Direct dish because not only was the lnbf bad, but the arm was bent way out of shape, too. Uff.

Not everybody may understand your question. The DishNet eastern arc dish is a little small, and would need a new LNBF, but should get you much of 97 west. At least on dry days. ;) :up There should be a thread on the mod around here somewhere. . I won't recommend it to the inexperienced, but if you are careful and pay attention, you can have success. . edit: I think it was member polgyver who recently described such a conversion while on vacation in Miami.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out, unfortunately I can't seem to edit my post to fix it. At least everything is intact and still in good shape, so I can maybe go off of how things are pointed with the old one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)