EA Install

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
The installer just finished with my EA upgrade. He did an awesome job! Couldn't be more pleased.

I was able to get an EA upgrade for my HD LiLs rather than a wing dish for 77W. Very happy to finally have HD locals, even if it is just 2 channels right now.

And Tim, if you read this, Thanks Again!

Yes 1000.4. I ordered Saturday night and installed Monday night. I went thru online tech support and they had to ask for Executive permission to switch me over. It would've been impossible to install the wing dish with the strict requirements of my landlord.

How good do the channels look compared to locals from an antenna? I assume you are talking about 10&27 out of Springfield.

I want to up grade also, I believe I will need a 1000.4 dish and a dp44 switch since I have 4 2 tuner HD receivers.I only have 2 dish 500's up now looking at 110,119, and 129 with 2 dp34 switches. I don't think they would install a 1000.2 with a wing dish. I think I will insist on the 1000.4 dish.

I can't give an OTA comparison because I've always received the Springfield locals thru Dish. Channels 10 and 27 look great and even the SD versions of KY3 look better than they did on 110. Channel 31 which has always looked grainy here, is much improved also.

How good do the channels look compared to locals from an antenna? I assume you are talking about 10&27 out of Springfield.

I want to up grade also, I believe I will need a 1000.4 dish and a dp44 switch since I have 4 2 tuner HD receivers.I only have 2 dish 500's up now looking at 110,119, and 129 with 2 dp34 switches. I don't think they would install a 1000.2 with a wing dish. I think I will insist on the 1000.4 dish.

Ya never know. Maybe they'll provide you with an antenna farm and give you a third 500. :) Seriously I would guess you'd get the one-dish solution. I'd insist also if I were in your place. I'm kind of curious as to why they didn't give you a 1000.2 when you first went HD instead of adding a separate 500 for 129.

Ya never know. Maybe they'll provide you with an antenna farm and give you a third 500. :) Seriously I would guess you'd get the one-dish solution. I'd insist also if I were in your place. I'm kind of curious as to why they didn't give you a 1000.2 when you first went HD instead of adding a separate 500 for 129.

The reason I have two dish 500's is because I own all of my dishes,lnb's and switches,and installed everything myself. I would rather install it myself, but the dp44 switch is just cost to much money. It would cost me 300.00 if done it myself, so I have just got to let them do it for free.

I did think about pointing three dish 500's to the eastern arc and still useing my dp34 switch, just didn't know if it would work. I would have to get me a couple more dp duals.

On the phone trying to get the 1000.4 upgrade, not going well. They are offering a 2nd dish for $59 originally, now down to $29 without much of a fight. I will bite if they go $29 to move me to EA with the 1000.4.

Edit
Got them to commit to $29 for the EA move, probably could of got it for free, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

Last edited:
I'm going to give them a call when I can figure out when I can be at home for the install. I'm very busy now with a business my son and I bought in Springfield. Sunday would be the only day I can be home now, and maybe not even this Sunday.

I just had the EA install yesterday. Things went well. At no time did anyone ever suggest I would have to pay for this. I wonder if they will nail me on my next bill.

They did mine on Sunday (it was 10 days from when I called in). I scheduled it by going through tech support, since "I'm supposed to get my Lancaster Locals in HD, but they are not there" - pays to fake ignorance at times. I was told it would be either $59 or free if I re-up for two years. I'm only 4 months in, so what are 4 more months. The appointment was set for between 12-5 on Sunday, guess I was lucky because he actually showed up around 4pm. He could have set the 1000.4 just pointing at 61.5/77, leaving the CONUS wing dish (which is policy per dish in my market). Fortunately, I didn't even have to point out that I had the new smart card, he checked and told me he would set me up with just the one dish. Now to see how this works in the rain, I KNOW it doesn't like the ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)