EA issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rblasch470

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Anyone else having trouble with EA? I am in Atlanta and over the past couple of weeks, I have had complete signal loss on a regular basis. I understood when it was covered with SNOW last weekend, but it is getting progressively worse... my 61.5 channels seem to be un affected, but both 72 and 77 are dropping like flies. Thought I'd check with others before I contact DISH....

yeah, it was working earlier today, as a matter of fact up until the last hour or so.. no weather in the area.. wondering if the thaw and then a refreeze is affecting something... very very strange.

One thing to consider is the real possibility that the weight of the snow & ice on the dish has pulled it out of alignment somewhat. A simple repeak might fix your issues. If you can get to your dish, put a little pressure on it left & right, up & down, while the point dish screen is showing. If the sound bar goes higher pitch while applying pressure, do a repeak/tweek.

No known issue with the EA.

Where is your dish located? If it is somewhere accessible, try brushing off any obstructions remaining on the dish. If that didn't help, unplug the receiver for about 10 seconds then plug it back in and let it power on by itself. If still no signal, and the weather is good, perform a Check Switch Test by pressing menu, press 6-1-1, select check switch on the right side of screen, then select test on the bottom of the screen. These steps normally fix signal issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts