EA Online Game Pass

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Just another way to milk more $$ from us gamers? I read about it, but didn't give it much thought, until I picked up FIFA 11. What pisses me off is both me and my son enjoy FIFA. That means if we both want to play online, I have to cough up another $10 ( 800 m$ points ) so both of us have online access :mad: Where the hell does this sh&t end ?

Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

EA SPORTS Online Pass

Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

EA SPORTS Online Pass

I should have noted I have 3 360s, with 3 unique gold accounts in my household.

While I understand your frustration... I also don't see an issue with EA charging their fees. They are providing a service that is purely a luxury. If the market doesn't support it, then the model will change and EA will adjust fees or licensing models.

While I understand your frustration... I also don't see an issue with EA charging their fees. They are providing a service that is purely a luxury. If the market doesn't support it, then the model will change and EA will adjust fees or licensing models.
but if you buy the game and pay for XBL, what more should you have to pay?

but if you buy the game and pay for XBL, what more should you have to pay?

Don't pay it. Was it promised with the game? Or is this an additional "service"? Paying for XBL means nothing to EA. Do they get a cut of the XBL sub fees? (I'm asking cause I do not know, but I doubt it)

Again, the market will decide if EA can charge for it seperately or if they will have to include it as part of the features of the original game purchase.

Why include it in the game fees (which you and I know would raise the game prices for everyone) and piss off those who don't want the feature yet would be forced to subsidze the service?

Don't get me wrong, game prices are too high for my tastes and I rarely buy games because of it. I'm just saying I don't have any issues with the EA fees, but that is mainly because I wouldn't pay for what they are selling here as I don't deem it worthwhile. If enough people are like me, then EA will change. However if enough people see value in it then EA has another revenue stream and that is generally what companies are in business for... create revenue in excess of their expenses etc etc.

Last edited:
I think that the system is rather messed up. They put ALL online functionality on that code, meaning you can't even download updated rosters and settings. And this really is just to screw over the consumer who wants to get a game used, and if there's any company that likes to screw over the consumer (no indie support, destroying the FAR superior NFL2k series, completely forgetting about the Wii, etc etc) it's EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts