EA Signal Strength

lazydogmot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
N/E Florida
Hi, we live near Jacksonville, FL and are on EA with two H2K and one Joey. We had some strong winds recently and due to a lot of pixelation, think the dish might need to be re-peaked. What are the best transponders to check for signal strength on EA.

Thank you,
Tom

We peak off of 61.5 tp 10 and 72.7 tp 17. Typically see mid 50s on the 72 and mid 60s on 61.5. Numbers may vary slightly based on your location but that should be a pretty good ballpark.

Thanks satnweb, we get 77 also, do the numbers matter on that one?

Edit: I checked the signal on 61.5 and it was 56, 72.7 was 49. On 77, I checked all 32 TPs and they were all in the low to mid 70's. Should there be such a wide range between the three?

Last edited:
Seems strange that 77 is so high, although the vast majority of programming on that these days is spanish language. We don't even install the 77 in this market unless it's a latino customer and we can't get a LOS for a WA dish.

Pixellation could be the LNB going bad, even if it's showing good signal strengths. Just food for thought.

I live kinda near you. You need your dish adjusted. It is kinda common Down here in the south the our winds. It's going to be a quick appointment just call up dish. But if you had a tech out within the last 30 days be sure to call the number your tech provided you.

The strength should be around 60 on all in your area. The high 50's is fine but the other is just too far off.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I contacted Tommy from Dirt and a technician should be out tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you all posted at to what the tech finds. Thanks.

The technician got here early (11:30A) and re-peaked the dish (elevation) and changed a couple barrel connectors. What an improvement, 61.5 is now 66 (was 56), 72.7 is now 66 also (was 49). That should make a difference. Thank you Tommy from DIRT.

Last edited:
I'm in Jacksonville too and I have had the same numbers for over 2 years since switching over to EA...no problems but my numbers are similar to yours before your re-peak

61.5 TP10: 62
72.7 TP17: 50
77: 67

BTW, what did your 77 signal change to?

Hey dare2be, the numbers on 77 went up to the high 70's and low 80's. Looks like your 77 and 72.7 numbers need improving. You might want to contact DIRT as well. I'm hoping that we will be seeing rain fade a little less often now as well as less pixelation.

Last edited:
I'm in Jacksonville too and I have had the same numbers for over 2 years since switching over to EA...no problems but my numbers are similar to yours before your re-peak

61.5 TP10: 62
72.7 TP17: 50
77: 67

BTW, what did your 77 signal change to?

You are on a .4 and really yours is not that bad. If you have not had any problem with the signal loss I would not even mess with it.

Just like the old quote it ain't broke don't fix it. Lol ;P

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ain't most of the channels on 61.5 now and did they move most of the channels off of 72.7 to 61.5? I see signal strengths of 50s and 60s in my area on these satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts