Early 622 Install

Dirtydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 5, 2004
Susanville,Ca.
Ordered 622 on 4-1-06 recieved 622 4-6-06, had install scheduled for 4-11-06 between 12 and 5pm. The install company called yesterday to confirm. Installer called this morning and asked if he could come early, I said yep. So I was up and running shortly after noon. Only problem was getting 622 to download info and software and the installer was a newbie (3 weeks on the job). So after two attemps at running switch check and having both work but download did nothing I suggested that he disconnect the cables from switch to box and run a switch check to clear the matrix, he did this and then started over with cables re-attached, that did the trick. At this point all is working well, tried an auto record and an auto tune and both worked fine. I just played with a recorded movie and all seems to work, so I am a happy camper to this point.

3 weeks on the job....... definitely not a dns tech as they are under a 6 week training period and wont go out solo until they pass a written test and an observed solo install.

Oh well! All's well that ends well, the kid called his boss for help and he got none.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)