EAS National Test November 9th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
FCC can shove it. These EAS test have to be the most useless thing ever. Most of my internet radio listening is from online only stations like DI.fm, Sky.fm, 977 Music and Soma.fm. Those stations won't have to run these useless tests.
You may not agree but then you don't live in Tornado alley.

TV news tonight is finally telling people about the test. They are worried that there may be many calling into and blg up all phone lines from those watching TV. They are also saying it will last less than 1 min.

FCC can shove it. These EAS test have to be the most useless thing ever. Most of my internet radio listening is from online only stations like DI.fm, Sky.fm, 977 Music and Soma.fm. Those stations won't have to run these useless tests.

Here's the bottom line, folks. You may not agree with the test's existence. I don't agree with the way its been organized by the FCC, and I HAVE to run it. I also hate the bad way in which it has been (not) publicized. I'm not a fan of automation vs. human hosting and radio/TV operations at all. But.........

For EVERYONE who says, "I only internet radio"..or similar, when your 'net is down (and it WILL BE during major emergencies) and you need radio, you DO come back to the "traditional media." We just call you, "users", not "listeners"......and yes, we'll warn you if your property or life is in danger, the 'net won't......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts