Easiest way to do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I need wire that has 4 leads and will have enough current to move my (not so) perfect 10 dish. I will use a BSC621 lnb so I wont have to run another set of wires and my old chapparal co-rotor is frozen so a polartor wont move it.
Also I am looking for the following items ASAP
1. a cover for the a-jak h-h before it starts rusting
2. a wiring diagram for it.
3. is the h-h a 4 wire mover or 5?

two wires are usually 16 gauge and run the motor
the other three or four wires are usually 22 gauge and run the sensor

if its a long run usually go with a bit larger wire

my old chapparal co-rotor is frozen so a polartor wont move it.
maybe with a little work it will free up the frozen parts , something that might be worth a try :)

Use 18 awg 4 conductor copper thermostat wire from your local hvac dealer or home depot or lowe's.

I have 18 awg thermostat wire ran 200 feet from an ORB 7500 analog receiver to a 10' dish with a 36" 24volt arm. Dish moves pretty fast with no issues.

two wires go to M1 and M2
The other two wires go to Sensor and GND.

works great.

Let me re-phrase, cheapest way. What would a 150 foot of it cost? I dont want to spend over 30 bucks for the wire.

I used outdoor sprinkler wire for this purpose. It has solid copper color coded wire in it. It is like the same outer size and color of rgb cable, I put a plastid junction box near the dish and wire nutted two stranded copper lamp cords to it - so the constant movement of the dish won't eventually break the solid copper - not likely, but that's what I did.

I had a 70 foot run and came in under $30, but 150 feet? I don't know. I went to like Home Depot for the items.

With the current price of copper, you are gonna spend more than 30 dollars. Two orange 150 foot extension cords using one conductor from one cord as the 4th wire.
That may be the cheapest.

With the current price of copper
copper was 3.09 a pound now its 1.23 a pound. I think it is diffrent where you live. I will call my electric supplier tommarow

Two orange 150 foot extension cords using one conductor from one cord as the 4th wire.
That may be the cheapest.
I was going to suggest the standard house wiring, either two or three-conductor.
But, I haven't checked the prices.
Then maybe some CAT5 for servo and/or reed sensor wiring. - :confused:

But, that extension cord idea might just be the best answer!
Two main wires and a ground in each extension cord? Sounds imaginative! - :up
Look at the discount stores.

Gonna have to do mine pretty soon, so I'm paying attention.
I'll look into thermostat and sprinkler wire, too.

I have seen some 150 foot 16 awg orange extension cords pretty cheap. Just bond the grounds I guess from the dish to the receiver leaving two pairs of black and white wires.
That would work. Cat 5 works great for servo wiring btw. I think I can get cat 5e for around 7 cents per foot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts