WABC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Rumor has it that WABC, New York has been dropped from 4DTV and it will be replaced by a Flordia ABC station in the near future. That would explain why I couldn't get the Rose Bowl :confused:. Damn, I'm going to miss Sade Badernwa. :mad:

SRL is supposed to be changing out that channel for the Miami ABC, the CBS will stay the same, and supposed to be adding an NBC affiliate out of Miami, per their website.

It makes sense. The Miami CBS, ABC and NBC signals as well as WSEE's caribbean feed are in the new PT24 mux and have been testing or going ZK off and on for the last few months.

If you are a NPS sub, you get the Atlanta ABC affiliate in place of WABC and the Atlanta CBS affiliate in place of WSEE.

From the SPS website (where I get my programming)...
Dec 8, 2008
  • CBS (WSEE) & ABC (WABC)

As of 12/31/08, the current CBS (WSEE) & ABC (WABC) channels on C-Band will be replaced with WGCL (CBS from Atlanta) & WSB (ABC from Atlanta).
On a side note, the WABC feed never lights up the DCII signal indicator although other channels on the same sat do.

From the SPS website (where I get my programming)...On a side note, the WABC feed never lights up the DCII signal indicator although other channels on the same sat do.

SPS is reselling you NPS locals, then (as NPS is changing to their Atlanta ones). Other packagers are staying with PT24 for locals (the miami locals more or less).

PT24's WABC mux is gone so no signal locks are possible. You'll have to tune their new mux on the same sat to see your DCII signal indicator come alive again.

A while back in the WUT area, months ago, it was posted how to use generics to receive that mux on G3 with the ATL locals, those locals may ;) still be there and may still be ITC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts